rabbiting lurchers

aslong as i think my dog is trying then it dont bother me if it dont catch . . . . asthesaying goes god loves a tryer . . . .

the run is the best bit if you ask me but a dog that would never catch for what ever reason.....now thats a different thing :thumbs:

well i think mate if the dog is not trying to pick the rabbit up then its not actually trying . . . if you know what i mean :thumbs:

Personally for me a good rabbiting dog has to have a spot on retrieve and be able to work with ferrets. Catch rate ways I wouldn't expect any dog to catch 9/10 out of 10 every time i took it out. As Long as i know its putting in 100% its good enough for me. But i couldn't justify a dog catching regularly and then having to walk to where ever the dog left it. So id have to say retrieving is a necessity in a good rabbiting dog. :thumbs:

Personally for me a good rabbiting dog has to have a spot on retrieve and be able to work with ferrets. Catch rate ways I wouldn't expect any dog to catch 9/10 out of 10 every time i took it out. As Long as i know its putting in 100% its good enough for me. But i couldn't justify a dog catching regularly and then having to walk to where ever the dog left it. So id have to say retrieving is a necessity in a good rabbiting dog. :thumbs:

Totally Agree :thumbs:

No matter how much it tries, it would need to be a decent catcher to have a home with me. No point having a lurcher that puts in 100% but catches feck all is there? But I suppose everyone has different requirements and standards.

I have several dogs here that are far from perfect, but they are here for the simple fact that they are good at catching what they were bred to catch.

No matter how much it tries, it would need to be a decent catcher to have a home with me. No point having a lurcher that puts in 100% but catches feck all is there? But I suppose everyone has different requirements and standards.

I have several dogs here that are far from perfect, but they are here for the simple fact that they are good at catching what they were bred to catch.

spot on that mate, i totally agree, i gor a lakie here that will mark, work eith ferrets an even retreive, also got 3 collies i can use to do same jobs when ferreting or bushing,

however, a lurcher was bred to catch, that is what seperates it from most other types of dog,

so catch it must.......

come on, i know of atleast 10 dffrent breeds of dogs that will try 100% all day

but wihtout putting game in the bag, are they worth keeping :thumbs: