a bit of help please

i live in north west lancs in the penines not to far of pendle hill if you have heard of it..i see mostly roe deer .infact they are the only deer i see i just wondere if any boby has seen any muntjac in my surounding area as i would like to photograph some ....any help at all will be much apprecated...thank you...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i know they aren't that far north yet,

i live near to woburn (some of my hunting land is very near Woburn) , an old local gamekeeper once told me, 12 muntjac escaped from Woburn deer park in the 60's during a thunderstorm that blew a tree over taking down part of an outer wall, from those 12 we have the population that spreads all over the south east as far west as salisbury plains and up into Nottinghamshire now

i think there are over 35000 feral muntjac,

on a google search wikipedia disputes the escapees from woburn and cites escapees from whipsnade (thats not far from here either)

either way there are as mant munties round me as there are rabbits :)

Guest mucker
just wondere if any boby has seen any muntjac in my surounding area as i would like to photograph some ....any help at all will be much apprecated...thank you...

:laugh: yes me to please anyone around the leicestershire area...genuis :clapper:

I,ve seen quite a few Roe on this side of the M6 (P.N.E.country) but never a Muntjac or a Sika.

yer seen quite a few roe myself but nothing else ..p.n.e. i thought it was all b.f.c. country mate .. :laugh::laugh:

Being a Jock, I'm neutral Snoopdog.

By the way - one of my lads has just walked past the computer and muttered something about "Dingles" - I wonder what he means? :hmm:

just wondere if any boby has seen any muntjac in my surounding area as i would like to photograph some ....any help at all will be much apprecated...thank you...

:laugh: yes me to please anyone around the leicestershire area...genuis :clapper:

what you laughing at mucker would you like to photograph some to.. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I,ve seen quite a few Roe on this side of the M6 (P.N.E.country) but never a Muntjac or a Sika.

yer seen quite a few roe myself but nothing else ..p.n.e. i thought it was all b.f.c. country mate .. :laugh::laugh:

By the way - one of my lads has just walked past the computer and muttered something about "Dingles" - I wonder what he means? :hmm:

havent a clue what he means pal :D but i reckon its past his bedtime ... :laugh: ...and shouldnt a jock be in jock land..??you got the wrong flag there.... :laugh:

havent a clue what he means pal :D but i reckon its past his bedtime ... :laugh: ...and shouldnt a jock be in jock land..??you got the wrong flag there.... :laugh:

Hey! - I'm an ethnic minority - I got rights.

............ but you would know all about ethnics, wouldnt you Snoop?? ............ :whistle: