cooking game on a tight fuel budget.

now in the old days folk would save on fuel when cooking by heating the food to be cooked till hot then putting the whole pan with the lid in a big box and pack hay all round and on top to insulate it,thus i hour of fuell could cook for many hours saving a fortune.

well i dont have a hay box so i simply heat a pan of stew then put all the coats and fleeces in the house on top.

the stew is at 80 deg C.

DSC00847.jpg

then covered :

DSC00848.jpg

and

12 hours later (over night)its still at a respectable 60 deg C and now cooked right through!!!

DSC00849.jpg

thanks for looking.

Must be good quality insulated coats! That is SUCH a good idea: thanks for the tip.

your welcome mate,we are all struggling with fuel costs going up,and the feckers wait till the winter to do it too!

the coats are nothing special,you can use jumpers towels ,whatever is to hand really just use plenty of it.

That's a good idea to save money but does all your coats not smell of onions? I do love stew but I must say I hate clothes smelling of food, especially onions as it reminds me of B.O. :thumbdown:

Fishfish is this one of the clan dropping a hint ;):D

Cattys not selling well lol,

Fuel bills fu(k sake its 2010 and its a pot a stew your cooking not cooking for the 5000......

Obviously a man with to much money or still lives at home,if you've got any spare cash tiny i'll gladly help you out :thumbs::D

fuel has never been the percentage of the pound earned that it is today,typically weekly fuel costs for a family of 6 in 1981 was £5.00 1/30th of the income now its closer to £40.00 thats over 1/8th of the family income.

And in answer to your questions yes the cattys are selling well,we have sold over 1000 hunters this year,but just because i have some cash doesnt mean i want to waste it making fuel moguls ritcher.what spare i have i can help local families that are struggling (via the Trussel trust ,ass well as help for heroes.

besides if i can also help others to save a few quid then their lives are easier too.

oh yes and the clothes dont smell of onion!

fuel has never been the percentage of the pound earned that it is today,typically weekly fuel costs for a family of 6 in 1981 was £5.00 1/30th of the income now its closer to £40.00 thats over 1/8th of the family income.

And in answer to your questions yes the cattys are selling well,we have sold over 1000 hunters this year,but just because i have some cash doesnt mean i want to waste it making fuel moguls ritcher.what spare i have i can help local families that are struggling (via the Trussel trust ,ass well as help for heroes.

besides if i can also help others to save a few quid then their lives are easier too.

oh yes and the clothes dont smell of onion!

give that man a ceeegar :thumbs: only a fool wastes money :thumbs: