Bitch or Dog?

Hi everybody. I'm getting my first terrier (patterdale) in a few weeks from a litter my mate has. He has 1 bitch and 4 dogs but not too sure what would be best as my first terrier. I want it to work foxes but can not decide what i should go for, would a bitch be better as she would be smaller? What are your oppinions? Cheers everybody :thumbs:

Hi everybody. I'm getting my first terrier (patterdale) in a few weeks from a litter my mate has. He has 1 bitch and 4 dogs but not too sure what would be best as my first terrier. I want it to work foxes but can not decide what i should go for, would a bitch be better as she would be smaller? What are your oppinions? Cheers everybody :thumbs:

its up to you bud, ive seen some bitches that can be harder than a dog, etc, the only factor is a bitch comes into season x2 a yr, if she makes the grade do you want to breed from her.

Good luck in your choice

Thanks Blackpack, i had thought of her comeing into season but we already have 2 bitches and would probably be easier to get another one, although they will be kept seperate. I'm not sure if i would want to breed from her yet but if i do get a bitch that is also a plus if i do decide to in future :thumbs: Cheers Christian, think I'll probably go for the bitch :yes:

Earth, do you think that dog's are more likely to make a good worker?

Edited by Benellisupernova

Thanks Blackpack, i had thought of her comeing into season but we already have 2 bitches and would probably be easier to get another one, although they will be kept seperate. I'm not sure if i would want to breed from her yet but if i do get a bitch that is also a plus if i do decide to in future :thumbs: Cheers Christian, think I'll probably go for the bitch :yes:

Earth, do you think that dog's are more likely to make a good worker?

not a better worker BUT,its harder to find a GOOD working bitch than a dog.