The arrival of "Nipper"

Very Nice ST! bet its a cracking light tool in the field :thumbs:

Nowt wrong with lefty's mate :whistling:! I have always shot kack handed even when I had the old BSA Mercury's and Airsporters they all had righthands stock but could still be shot fine by the more superior lefthand shooters :laugh:...

I used to get some real stick about shooting off the left shoulder but I have a left master eye which comes into its own when I pick the shotty up both eyes open :D...

atb Jasp

:laugh:

Very Nice ST! bet its a cracking light tool in the field :thumbs:

Nowt wrong with lefty's mate :whistling:! I have always shot kack handed even when I had the old BSA Mercury's and Airsporters they all had righthands stock but could still be shot fine by the more superior lefthand shooters :laugh:...

I used to get some real stick about shooting off the left shoulder but I have a left master eye which comes into its own when I pick the shotty up both eyes open :D...

atb Jasp

Hiya Jasper.

Hope your coping ok with the injury mate :thumbs::(

Wouldnt know about the field mate......not been out in one for some time :doh::laugh:

Its a well know fact that left handed shooters leave the rest behind mate :whistling::laugh:

Not sure about domminant eye buddy, both of mine point to the middle, feck knows how I manage to hit anything :laugh:

You take care.

ATB.

Bill.

she looks and sounds top notch Bill

Darryl

Hiya Darryl.

Thanks mate :thumbs:

Looking forward to getting her back, and trying her out.

Oiled the inside of the stock today, and behind the butt plate.

Might have to add some spacers to the butt to get the reach comfortable.

May even put an adjustable one on her :hmm:

ATB.

Bill.

You want an adjustable Butt on her :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Gotta be a small joke in that somewhere :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your never gonna take me sea fishing now are you cuz :doh:

Phantom

:icon_redface: Just my mucky mind at it again :wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash:

Hiya Tony.

:clapper::clapper::clapper: I guess this makes me the Butt of your joke now :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

Thanks Bill,

Last time I mentioned a Small Joke to someone in front of others (including his wife, who laughed her jugs off, the guy wouldn't talk to me for over a year :doh:

Good job your sense of humour is as twisted as mine :11:

Phantom

Thanks Bill,

Last time I mentioned a Small Joke to someone in front of others (including his wife, who laughed her jugs off, the guy wouldn't talk to me for over a year :doh:

Good job your sense of humour is as twisted as mine :11:

Phantom

............sorry.......not talking to you :feck::laugh:

Thats the beauty of a regulator :thumbs:

It will depend on Cal as well like, but a pcp has a "Sweet Spot" where the rifle performs at its most consistant.

My S200 has a max fill pressure of (according to the manual 200 bar but according to the cylinder its tested to 300)

When it gets to the sweet spot, I get 40 consistent shots, but I can squeeze out a further 20 if I compensate.

If I had it regulated, I'd be able to shoot consistantly from the maximum fill, all the way down to the minimum cylinder pressure thus increasing my shot count by x amount.

Do you shoot .22 or .177

I believe .177 needs a higher volume of air to get the pellet up to speed so will get less shots out of a fill but as always I'm open to correction on that :yes:

Phantom

I have an ultra single shot. But i get 35 shots per fill how will this guy get you 90!!!! :blink::icon_eek::hmm: Please do tell number and price!

Hi PH.

As Tony has said, by having the rifle regulated, and the hammer stroke shortened.

All this is being done on mine by Simon Howarth ( Tench ) plus a few other bits n bobs.

Its costing £150 in total, including return post!!

I have shot my friends Ultra that has also been regd by Tench, very nice it is too, worth the money if you intend keeping the rifle for a few years :thumbs:

Simon Howarth ( Tench ) Tel: 07792073470.

He is a genious with the PCPs and will make sure you get the best from your rifle.

ATB.

Bill.

Hi bill,

Nice rifle mate.

Bill the ultra with the tench reg in can be filled to 250 bar as informed by tench himself buddy.

I phoned him and asked him as i wasnt sure. I've filled mine now about 3 times to 250 bar and the gun takes it with ease.

I get 75 shots with mine so you will defo be in the high 90's buddy with a .22.

Ask tench to short stroke your hammer and tune your trigger and polish the sears as well mate, makes the lock time even faster.

It's hard to miss with it to tell you the truth.

Quiet as a mouse fart with the twink fitted as well.

Tench told me that he as a twink himself now and rates them highly.

Atb with it pal.

Si

Edited by zini

Hi bill,

Nice rifle mate.

Bill the ultra with the tench reg in can be filled to 250 bar as informed by tench himself buddy.

I phoned him and asked him as i wasnt sure. I've filled mine now about 3 times to 250 bar and the gun takes it with ease.

I get 75 shots with mine so you will defo be in the high 90's buddy with a .22.

Ask tench to short stroke your hammer and tune your trigger and polish the sears as well mate, makes the lock time even faster.

It's hard to miss with it to tell you the truth.

Quiet as a mouse fart with the twink fitted as well.

Tench told me that he as a twink himself now and rates them highly.

Atb with it pal.

Si

Hiya Si.

Cheers buddy.

Yep, all the above being done mate :thumbs: .

It was a toss up between the Twink and the Whierauch to be honest Si, I just thought the chunkier lines of the Twink suited the Ultra a treat.

Cant wait to get her back now and have a play :thumbs:

Im pleased your getting on well with your's Si....propper job.

ATB.

Bill.