Sighthound Blood

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

worked an x track greyhound years ago little bitch and it was fantastic never had any bother with her feet and very rarely picked up any injuries. john.

I see allot of myths thrown around like black men have big dicks and greyhounds are dumb,no air bla bla bla. I can only speak for track dogs here in the states as I've only seen a few open field cours

I see allot of myths thrown around like black men have big dicks and greyhounds are dumb,no air bla bla bla. I can only speak for track dogs here in the states as I've only seen a few open field coursing dogs here that were shipped over. Take a track bred GH as a 6-8 week old pup a raise it right you'll have a nice animal. That stigma come from track dogs raised like cattle and dont even know there own name. I've raised a few and they made nice dogs here in the states. I will say I like a dog with hair and try to keep Stags and lurchers with the fuzz, I've seen plenty of sight hounds in every flavor that had shitty feet ect. ect. ect. If ythe owners had to live off the dogs and they wernt ready to I would imagine they wouldnt be around.

• Like 1

Another question then...

What does greyhound offer to the pure saluki?

I know alot of lads run pure salukis but also alot of saluki/grey about.

That's some funny shit partner. The better question would be what does a "imported in to the UK saluker add to a greyhound". Most likely nuttin today. Go over that seagull daughter thread or whatever the f**k it's called and check out some of them coursing dogs. If you are tryin to re-invent them dogs on there, then good f****n luck cuz you aint got enough years in your life fella. Them dogs on them clips are fast as f**k and run smart as they can and catch and kill hares like they are puppy fodder. I aint never seen nuttin better than them for "running ability". :thumbs:

Another question then...

What does greyhound offer to the pure Saluki?

I know alot of lads run pure Saluki's but also alot of Saluki/Grey about.

A touch more speed, IMO thats all the Grey is offering to the Saluki in reality. The greyhound is all speed and drive nowadays everything else that once made it a genuine hunting dog has been sacrificed for speed.

The Saluki is a hunting dog with speed, drive, stamina, running sense and durability in balanced package.

Yeah there are going to be extreme cases with good and bad at either end of both Saluki's and Grey's, but the whole you could spend life time looking for greyhound with just the feet for hunting let alone the other qualities needed for a dog to be consistently effective in the field.

Another question then...

What does greyhound offer to the pure Saluki?

I know alot of lads run pure Saluki's but also alot of Saluki/Grey about.

A touch more speed, IMO thats all the Grey is offering to the Saluki in reality. The greyhound is all speed and drive nowadays everything else that once made it a genuine hunting dog has been sacrificed for speed.

The Saluki is a hunting dog with speed, drive, stamina, running sense and durability in balanced package.

Yeah there are going to be extreme cases with good and bad at either end of both Saluki's and Grey's, but the whole you could spend life time looking for greyhound with just the feet for hunting let alone the other qualities needed for a dog to be consistently effective in the field.

a touch more speed....and hardness at the kill. especially a kill with teeth.

it depends where you get your start from. the coursing line dogs look like they have all the bits in the [bANNED TEXT] places. good feet, heavier bones(bit more rugged), good front end etc. have any of you irish blokes raised one as a hunter? i reckon if you raised them [bANNED TEXT] with the [bANNED TEXT] training you would find alot of those qualites were actually there. and i dont know the usa dog seen but they've had "coldbloods" there since the year dot.

and bidablity, what was that i read about saluki only hunting for themselves. i reckon you would catch more game having one of both, than two of either or two of the cross's. the champion team vs the team of champions

Edited by roodog

i have had a deerhound x best dog i have had so far all round, got a collie x whip x grey spot on for rabbits, my pup is a sal x grey 7months so done nothing yet apart from a few day time rabbits but for me if you add deer or sal to the mix just makes the dog stronger, have seen pure greys with really high pray drive and take all quarry, but they burn out quick. just my opinion

looking after my mates full greyhound he a young dog about 18mnth was stuck in a kennel till a year old as he was a rescue and does sometimes seem a bit dim but if he was bought up and trained from a pup then i believe it would be totally different as he very clever in his own way knows each place we been to that has game on and things like that its like they say if a stoneage kid was raised in our environment today same as the other kids there would be no difference in IQ and as far as injuries coat and feet are concerned he got an awesome coat like velvet seems a bit waterproof and even though he only starting off he not had any injuries yet tooch wood lol he certainly wants it alot

i have had a deerhound x best dog i have had so far all round, got a collie x whip x grey spot on for rabbits, my pup is a sal x grey 7months so done nothing yet apart from a few day time rabbits but for me if you add deer or sal to the mix just makes the dog stronger, have seen pure greys with really high pray drive and take all quarry, but they burn out quick. just my opinion

HAD A FEW FULL GREWS MYSELF AND YOUR RIGHT HIGH PREY DRIVE. RUBBISH STAMINA AFTER 600YDS CRAP JUMPERS SOFT FEET.

MOST ARE THICK AS SXXT .BUT THERE INJECTION ONTO THINGS ARE GREAT . THEY ALSO CORNER LIKE COFFEE TABLES. THATS HOW YOUVE GOT TO CROSS THEM.YOULL SPEND MORE TIME NURSING THEM THAN HUNTING THEM.