Tikka T3 Lite Stainless Steel

I just purchased an Ase Utra Jet Z moderator last month so l can definitely recommend one as l am most impressed with the sound reduction and it is a very well made can. It made my .223 sound like an unmoderated rim fire maybe even slightly less!

I can also recommend a Harris bi pod as I have owned one for nearly eight years, first on my air rifle and now the same one on my centre fire and believe you me it has taken some abuse over the years and it still in working condition so l can definitely recommend one.

A Tikka T3 was my second choice for a Winchester Model 70 last year when l was looking to find a rifle and l spent most of my time looking at Tikkas as there were not many Winchester Model 70 available second hand and from the research l did l could not find much negative words being used against the Tikkas although a lot of people did mention that the older Tikkas are better such as the models M595, M690 and the M695

cheers Callum

I was put off biying a t3 by a friend of mine as he says they

are a budget version of the m595 the m695 etc I am not claiming this to all the t3 owners it was just what I have been told they have a one length action for all calibres were as the m595 ect has a action length decided by calibre I have recently bought a 595 in 22.250 and must say great rifle hope this helps

Had my T3 for a year now and it get some abuses it’s a great gun if you don’t want to be cleaning it after a nights lamping as well you don’t have to worry about scratching it. The only thing I would say is try the gun with different mods and find which one you prefer for the balance, I've got a wildcat on mine and its front heavy but had a go of a pes before and it was a joy to uses.

the t3 rifles are still very very good and accurate. the older models are sort after because you can find them cheaper and they have good true actions which alot of poeple like to put a custom tube on.

the m590 and m595 are short action tikka's the m590 difference to the m595 is only really the loading port its smaller on the m590 so some say makes the action the most stiffer out the two. if yo can find a m595 in 243 and its in good nick get it. my freind has a 20 inch barrel one and its shot a 1 inch 3 shot group at 300 yards.

fonding them is ok bu tyou want one that is in good nick. otherwise your going to end up paying more then the t3 in the long run. there all good rifles jus thave a look about.

as fo rthe harris bipod best on the market i think. make sure its not the fixed one though. and the ase mods are superb i have 2 of them i like them that much. yes there dear but there built to last

.223 T3 Lite Stainless

.243 T3 Hunter

.308 Remington 700 SPS

If I had my time again I would not buy the T3 Lite in .223, it would without doubt be the Hunter or a Remington.

We all have a view, that is mine, born out of my experience!

post-10759-0-46623700-1288995960_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deker

.223 T3 Lite Stainless

.243 T3 Hunter

.308 Remington 700 SPS

If I had my time again I would not buy the T3 Lite in .223, it would without doubt the Hunter or a Remington.

We all have a view, that is mine, born out of my experience!

ive got a t3 lite 22.250 with a t8 mod on it the only bad thing i could say is dont buy a t8 mod there shite mines 2 years old and it,s rusting from the inside out over fcuk knows why spoke to the bloke where i bought it from the words from his mouth i,ll swap it for £250 quid atb chris :thumbs:

I may not have made myself very clear, I would NOT buy a T3 Lite in the .223 (smaller calibres).

It doesn't seem to bad in the bigger calibres, it's all to do with the size of the hole down the barrel and the quantity of metal left, and of course the hollow rear stock, in simple terms the balance is s**t on the smaller calibres.

Word of warning ..............................

I bought the t3 lite in .243 a couple of years ago and like you do i swapped the scope from my much used .222 to the .243 as soon as i got home ,adding a harris bipod to the setup with a veiw to getting out and zeroing that afternoon .The forend stud pulled out with the pressure from the bipod screw and the rifle fell off the sling dumping the £350 scope on the floor shattering the lens .I took it all back to the gunshop and after a lot of dithering the owner decided to send it back to tikka .They replaced the forend stud with a screw/bolt and sent it back saying that the synthetic stocks were never designed to take a bipod ,the biggest load of shit ive ever heard .Since then ive had to ream out the forend as it wasnt fully floated and now shoots quite well .Nothing against the action mind as its very smooth but the plastic mag is a bit sticky sometimes .Just a different veiw .

Irnbru I bought the tikka t3 lite in 243 last week and cant fault it so far having only fired 31 rounds through it so far but its really accurate ,the action is really smooth and its like its name says lite as opposed to my mates remmy 700 which feels as if your carrying a ton weight about. I bought it after a good bit of research and firing a few that a couple of friends had and first impressions are really incouraging.

P.S. I didnt go for the stainless version this time after glare problems I had while lamping using with my 17hmr ,this was sorted by putting a camo sock over the mod and half the barrel but felt id save the hassle this time.

I've got a laminate stainless t3 swede, much more solid and better balanced than it's plastic cousins, the only thing i really hate is the flimsy plastic mag, absolute shite on a grands worth of gun.

I cannot fault its accuracy tho, i had a target much like groach's, except my shots were on target :feck: