Come On Own Up

It happened again yesterday.Got up at half seven.Got the sporocker and the air rilfe.Hoping for a bit of squirre bashingl.Out four hours and never got a shot.Before leaving the woods i fired the rifle into the groud.Heard a noise to my rigth.two roe coming towards me about ten feet away.Thank god they wherent moving quick.As they had to split up to get round me.Must have been the gun going of that startled them.Begining to think that sprockers a fecking jinks.:laugh:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It alaws seems to happen [bANNED TEXT] your in a world of your own:laugh: One of the incidents that spooked me most was one night years ago [bANNED TEXT] poaching pheasants a big cock bird flushed just as i was takeing aim at the same time jingling off bells could be heard i ran the oppisite way and to find out later it was a gos hawk some one had lost still with its bells on that had took flight the same time as the pheasant but flew low through the trees i thought i had set some sort of alarm off:icon_redface: :icon_redface:

not keepers SHOOTING you BELLS :thumbs::o:o

It alaws seems to happen [bANNED TEXT] your in a world of your own:laugh: One of the incidents that spooked me most was one night years ago [bANNED TEXT] poaching pheasants a big cock bird flushed just as i was takeing aim at the same time jingling off bells could be heard i ran the oppisite way and to find out later it was a gos hawk some one had lost still with its bells on that had took flight the same time as the pheasant but flew low through the trees i thought i had set some sort of alarm off:icon_redface: :icon_redface:

not keepers SHOOTING you BELLS :thumbs::o:o

Think they have it in for me.Was only 150 yards from the house.:cry:

As others have said, pheasents exploding from under your feet sometimes make you jump, also the unexpected bark of a muntjac in close proximatey can put your heartrate up for a second:laugh: When i used to do a lot of ratting they would sometimes make you shudder as they ran across your feet or tried to get up your legs, also bumped into the odd snake which startle you. I remember years ago sat in a farm waste ground at night with my gun when a fox barked at me less than 10 yards away, made me jump too. A member on here squeeled like a girl a few weeks ago when we walked through a hedge, shone the lamp and it illuminated a scarecrow 10 feet away, and no i wont reveal the members name as its not fair and jeppi is a good lad, oppps!!!! :laugh:

i remember one night when i was 15, i was fishing the river without a permit and when the bailiffs came driving round i bolted in a bush and just as i settled into my wee hidey hole there was this voice behind me said"are you hiding fae the keepers tae" well i fecking dropped a load in my boxers :laugh: cows popping up from nowhere is the only thing that bothers me at night after that

As others have said, pheasents exploding from under your feet sometimes make you jump, also the unexpected bark of a muntjac in close proximatey can put your heartrate up for a second:laugh: When i used to do a lot of ratting they would sometimes make you shudder as they ran across your feet or tried to get up your legs, also bumped into the odd snake which startle you. I remember years ago sat in a farm waste ground at night with my gun when a fox barked at me less than 10 yards away, made me jump too. A member on here squeeled like a girl a few weeks ago when we walked through a hedge, shone the lamp and it illuminated a scarecrow 10 feet away, and no i wont reveal the members name as its not fair and jeppi is a good lad, oppps!!!! :laugh:

Why is it when we get a fright in the middle of nowhere.We still look about just incase someone may have seen us and are having a good.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :icon_redface: