Would somebody be kind enough to lend me a hand?

Now then photographers!

I'm after a favour really. It's not wildlife, but it is photography - and a chance for your work to be published in a magazine. I'm writing for an Airgun magazine published by Blaze Publishing. However, I also need imagery, and it needs to be of much higher quality than I am able to take with my compact digital camera. The piece I have in mind is about a gunsmiths- and I basically want somebody to accompany me, take some photos of my rifle being worked on, and then one or two of me shooting afterwards to accompany the piece I'm writing.

Ideally, it would be someone local to me, in Norfolk, who is good company and up for a couple of hours drive to the Midlands one day, or somebody in the east Midlands that could meet me.

I can't pay anything I'm afraid (I don't get paid for my writing either), but I'll buy you lunch at the very least!

PM me if you want more details.

Thanks in advance!

I was almost interested till I got to the "I can't pay anything I'm afraid" bit... :hmm:

Don't you think you should be paid for writing the articles for this magazine?

EXACTLY :censored: sadly that is the way publications get sub standard editorials and images, by using the weekend warriors and pushing pros out of work :censored:

I was almost interested till I got to the "I can't pay anything I'm afraid" bit... :hmm:

EXACTLY :censored: sadly that is the way publications get sub standard editorials and images, by using the weekend warriors and pushing pros out of work :censored:

jesus :icon_eek: an helpful bunch you lot are,does no one do favours anymore :thumbdown: id help ya mate,but the only thing im good at taking is the piss :thumbs:

Edited by craigyboy

jesus :icon_eek: an helpful bunch you lot are,does no one do favours anymore :thumbdown: id help ya mate,but the only thing im good at taking is the piss :thumbs:

My car needs a bit of work doing to it... my Halfords socket set isn't really up to the job, is there anyone on here who will do the work for me? Some one who's spent several thousand pounds on the necessary kit, trained for a few years, and can do the job really well and is willing to give up a day's work for a free dinner? :whistling:

But seriously, I don't think magazines and newspapers should expect copy and images for free. I'll gladly do free work for charities, and offer discounts to friends, but newspapers etc are taking the piss too. The BBC is one of the worst offenders, but they can only do it because some people are daft enough to send their images in to them just for the thrill of seeing them on TV or a website or magazine.

I hope Ron finds someone to do the job, in fact I mentioned it someone I thought might be interested, but I still think it's wrong that a mag expects people to work for nothing, unless of course the bosses of Blaze publishing are working for just food too... :hmm:

Ron she has a point..you should be paid if the boss's get a pay too.. only fair to you really.

on the other hand if its just a start up mag, with people running on bare esentials...

i'm mot'd waiting for cash...skint as etc lol...eeeee always the way.

My car needs a bit of work doing to it... my Halfords socket set isn't really up to the job, is there anyone on here who will do the work for me? Some one who's spent several thousand pounds on the necessary kit, trained for a few years, and can do the job really well and is willing to give up a day's work for a free dinner? :whistling:

But seriously, I don't think magazines and newspapers should expect copy and images for free. I'll gladly do free work for charities, and offer discounts to friends, but newspapers etc are taking the piss too. The BBC is one of the worst offenders, but they can only do it because some people are daft enough to send their images in to them just for the thrill of seeing them on TV or a website or magazine.

I hope Ron finds someone to do the job, in fact I mentioned it someone I thought might be interested, but I still think it's wrong that a mag expects people to work for nothing, unless of course the bosses of Blaze publishing are working for just food too... :hmm:

hes not asking you to fix his car or his gun,hes asking for a decent person to take a couple of decent pics for him :icon_eek: tight as fecking cramp some folk :thumbdown:

Okay, forget I asked.

I'm just a weekend warrior after all.

Ron.. they have got a fair point above.. i'm in a similar boat mate.. £2k+ of gear.. 18 month learning how to use it.. time spent on the P.C sorting the pics.. but i havn't earnt a penny from photography, if i had the right lense, i would do my best to give you a dig out mate, meeting a decent bloke and having a bit of banter means more to me than say.. £50.. or £100 quid in the pocket.. moneys not my god.. but i do need it same as everyone else.. its nice to be nice...., hope you get sorted, :thumbs:

my pics are shite... awayway :laugh:

I know a couple of folks who might be interested ... happy to ask around if you still need a hand? Can you tell me when it's meant to happen?

I'd love to do it but, well ... I don't really think I'm good enough. Oh, and I don't drive :laugh: