What way next?

I have a BullxGreyhound Dog which is second generation bred. He is now coming up to seven years old, he has not done as much as I would have liked but lack of land has not helped. The question is he is not getting any younger, and I would like to get another bitch to breed with him to keep the line going. He is 24" and around 70lb . I have a twelve month old bitch out of him, but she is 3/4 Bull 1/4 Greyhound and is 22", not big enough for foxes and maybe she is a bit heavy. So I am thinking about buying in a Bull bred Lurcher bitch, but how much Bull would be acceptable in the Bitch so that I can breed my first cross with it? Obviously I am looking to put some speed into the line. So please responsible comments only.

post-43223-033906600 1287674839_thumb.jpg

In all seriousness mate I would ask why your breeding from a seven year old dog that by your own admission has not done as much as you would like? Also if land is a problem for getting out and working him, where will you work the offspring?

I have a 3/4 1/4 bitch thats 22" and she is plenty big enough for fox, yours is still young mine didnt show full pace and drive untill she was 15/16 months. how heavy is the bitch mate have got a pic

Yes mate, I have pictures but they are too big to go on here. If you pm me I will send you them. Thank.

In all seriousness mate I would ask why your breeding from a seven year old dog that by your own admission has not done as much as you would like? Also if land is a problem for getting out and working him, where will you work the offspring?

With the greatest respect in the world, I had the dog's litter sister and she has taken all quarry in the UK, obviously pre-ban. I have run this dog with someone who has seen the litter sister run, and he has suggested to get another something to breed with as the dog is worth breeding out of. That is all I am saying, no pun. No Bull. P.S. The reason I got rid of his litter sister is she had a taste for mutton, no good in Wales.

he wants a pup of his dog ..... dont make a big deal out of it :doh:

bet he wont be telling the people who come for rest of pups, that he aint done as much as he would a liked with the dog tho :whistling:

Whos making a big deal? I merely raised a valid point to the question asked..........