hi all this is my 1st post on this forum (usually lurchers and rifles)

we shot our 1st new permission yesterday and had a very unusual pheasant, ive been shooting and beating for 20 plus years but never witnessed a bird that was half COCK bird and half HEN bird

sorry no pics but it looked strange it had wings of a hen ,breast of a cock, back of the cock and neck and head of a hen

has any one else had a similiar bird ?

• 2 weeks later...

We used to call them a jennie willox ,dont know where it comes from . Ive not saw one for a couple of seasons now.

hey ho keep smiling.

Glad you put this cause exactly what i call them. Cant understand why anybody would want to shoot them onsight though? They still fly just like the rest of them so its still money in the pot at the end of the day :hmm:

I have not seen one like that yet however in the pheasent pen at college they had two hen birds that had the cock birds spurs think the tutor called them and aphradite or summing like that but i also agree i cant see why they would be shot on site they still fly and u can still eat them

cheers

dom