lamping

Got some lamping permission coming my way soon.

Little bit worried about injuries to the dog as most of it is fresh maize stubble.

Dont know if i shold leave it until the stalks rot a bit.

A second opinion would be helpful :thumbs:

think about your dog not your ego big man

if i thought about all the what ifs when working my dog i would never leave the house, better not run him on this stubble field he might cut his foot. or perhaps i better not let him run on this nice grass field its to wet he might slip over and hurt his self.

no need to go on the defencive had dogs for forty years seen lots of nasty injuries never had one slip and hurt itself perhaps things have changed

you get my point though, i run my dog almost every night the week he has loads of work and has a result of that he is steady and knows what he is doing, i run him where i do because i am confident he knows what he is doing because hes done plenty. theres always a chance of accidents happening but thats life its no good assuming the worst all the time is it.

• Like 2

think about your dog not your ego big man

if i thought about all the what ifs when working my dog i would never leave the house, better not run him on this stubble field he might cut his foot. or perhaps i better not let him run on this nice grass field its to wet he might slip over and hurt his self.

run him enough on a freshly cut rape stubble mazie stubble and you will have a different view,

Got some lamping permission coming my way soon.

Little bit worried about injuries to the dog as most of it is fresh maize stubble.

Dont know if i shold leave it until the stalks rot a bit.

A second opinion would be helpful :thumbs:

imo either wait till its raked or afew frosts have got to it later in the season

no need to go on the defencive had dogs for forty years seen lots of nasty injuries never had one slip and hurt itself perhaps things have changed

you get my point though, i run my dog almost every night the week he has loads of work and has a result of that he is steady and knows what he is doing, i run him where i do because i am confident he knows what he is doing because hes done plenty. theres always a chance of accidents happening but thats life its no good assuming the worst all the time is it.

yeah yeah :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: