I wonder which year at vet school they learn how to drag out a few more months of suffering on a dog, so as to maximise profit.

id bet its the last year so that its fresh in their minds

i just use my local vet like a chemist these days, go in without the animal, ask for the medication that i need. only exception to this is when a bitch is going in to be neutered or if a dog needs to be pts or stitched up. havent had much happen that couldnt be dealt with myself.

Edited by CarraghsGem

2 words . . . . . . PET INSURANCE!

All the above you've mentioned is not a worry if the only the thing you have to pay is £60 excess.

When my dogs have a problem, i confidently leave them at the vets and tell them to do what they need to sort the problem. :thumbs:

your right but thats not the point im trying to make if she did have the opperation, because they dont know what it is theres nothing to say it wont come back again, and to me to put the dog through somthing like this once is bad enough but when shes got to go through it again isnt fair on the dog. they charge the earth and ment to know what their doing so what you think?

First i would ask is the lump bothering her, is it painfull or could it catch easy,

has it grown since you first saw it, does it feel attached to anything,

is it hard or soft?

I have two dogs that both have a lump on their rib cages,

on one of the dogs its been there for over 2 years, never grown - never affected the dog,

granted both dogs are getting on in life, but depending on what type of lump your dog does have

and that should have been found out through the byopseys, then it will depend on if its ok to be left or not.

she fine matey back to her usual self so the vets have had a big f**k you im going to leave it and see how she gets on and keep an eye on the lump. :thumbs: