What model of Yeoman DD and any other spec etc?

The AYA tend to be very well made guns in my experience, i've shot quite a few of them, particularly one of their replicas of the Churchill 25" S/S that was a beauty to shoot.

Made in Spain and replica English gun design in the main, but with the typical strong European build quality.

Any idea how old it is?

In any case, you want to make sure that the barrels are still tight against the action face, shake it by holding it at the pistol grip I find the easiest way. Then obviously give the barrels a real going over to check for pitting or wear.

im going back for another look, and ill post more info, cheers for your help, ive had enough of the single shot, too much goes by, but its served its purpose, but as you,ve said on here, i will want a double and i do, cheers dd.

Not letting them get away are you DD :whistling:

But I agree, two bangs are more practical, particularly for those tough critters among the quarry list.

You could have a triple barrel, or you could have a semi auto with three shots. The semi will be lighter, easier to swing and you'll probably shoot more with it!;)

The german "drillings" are very good examples of the triple barrel design, normally two smooth bore shotgun barrels, and one rifled barrel, normally fairly small calibre like .22. Not so popular these days though, not much call for them.

the triple 12g at watson bros is going to be single trigger ejector !!!!!!

will be som epiece of kit..........as you say a semiauto will do the job better.....they are building it because they can ( bit like a bugatti veyron i guess)

:thumbs:

im going back for another look, and ill post more info, cheers for your help, ive had enough of the single shot, too much goes by, but its served its purpose, but as you,ve said on here, i will want a double and i do, cheers dd.

Not letting them get away are you DD :whistling:

But I agree, two bangs are more practical, particularly for those tough critters among the quarry list.

dont get me wrong i love my single, but as was said i dont like the little fekkers flying by and laughing, ha,ha, keep to the right lads he,s only one shot, but my plan will soon be put into action, then :rolleyes::hunter::gunsmilie: how do like me now, ha,ha,

Jeffrey's of London used to make a triple barrelled .600 Express for big game hunting. If you have a wounded elephant coming at you, you want your back-up shots to be quick!

Ric

fook dat, you,d only get that one shot again, brown pants, i think ill stick to me flyers, sometimes you may need a hard hat, the way they come down.

I had a AYA Yoeman some years back about 10yrs ago it was a OU multi choke with ejectors,i paid £370 for it,it started of ok for about half a season then the barrel change over mecanism stopped working and had to be done by hand with a button.

So it went to a shop to be repared and it was fine for a bit then it started doing it again,then it started firing both barrels at the same time,the final straw for me was when it started going of on its own when the barrels where closed, :icon_eek: ,i sold it for spares or repair and went for a berreta silver pigeon 2, i did not realise how crap the AYA was untill i started using the berreta.