Working Greyhound

Alright, im very interested in the idea of working full greyhounds nothing else. I was wandering if there was anyone on here with some that are working? Or where i could get information about them maybe some books? I have seen some litters for sale and they were very tempting!

Steve

Comedy was a bad career choice you weapon. This forum has gone shit becasue of shitty little novices like You.

Now f**k off.

Yes you're right, it's shit because of novices like me. It'd be much better if everyone on here was a stroppy keyboard hard man.

Alright, im very interested in the idea of working full greyhounds nothing else. I was wandering if there was anyone on here with some that are working? Or where i could get information about them maybe some books? I have seen some litters for sale and they were very tempting!

Steve

Have worked a few on the lamp but these were racing dogs ok for the red fellahs but as for RLTH :no::whistling: would imagine they'd be ok though brought on from pups & encouraged to use their nose & hunt up etc.

Steve

When i was a young lad my hunting buddy had a greyhound bitch called Mandy. She was a lovelly dog, biddable and keen and she would retreive to hand too. We never trained her(we didnt know how!) she just did. I saw her roll a few hares and i think she might have been in on a deer too, but she would never, ever take a fox. We once squeaked a charlie in across a huge field and we slipped both our dogs. Mine being a sal/grey that wouldn't take foxes either. They bent that fox at least 20 times and just didnt want it. Their choice. :thumbs:

Im ashamed to say that i cannot remember what happened to Mandy, i fell out with the lad for going behind my back toth eplaces i had shown him. And that was the end of that tale.

If all greyhounds had the same temperament of mandy then they would findhomes easily, she was a loving dog that really enjoyed being out and about doing a spot of hunting. She could catch both rabbits and hares and was a joy to be around.

Problem with greyhounds running quarry is injuries, but Mandy never hurt herself when i was with her.... :victory:

Steve

my mate bought an ex racer to breed with his saluki grey and we`ve had her out on the lamp a few times. she was ok on the rabbits but when she never cort it she would just do laps of the feild chasing nothing and one time she struck a rock and broke a tooth and wont strike anything now. and as for the feet he took her to a game fair and give her a go on the rag and she went to stop and her stopper pad ripped clean off! so i think thats the end of her career. ive got one of the pups so i hope hes nothing like his mother :blink:

I have been told that if you get a good one they are as good as any lurcher and they really do smash old charlie. I looked into puppies from some really well bred animals. Thanks for all the help and infomation! Any pictures of working greyhounds would be very appreciated

Steve

• Like 1

I have been told that if you get a good one they are as good as any lurcher and they really do smash old charlie. I looked into puppies from some really well bred animals. Thanks for all the help and infomation! Any pictures of working greyhounds would be very appreciated

Steve

thers some greyhound pups going free

http://www.mobiya.co.uk/view/mjpwmpgd

dont no if hes got any left like