helping me catch fox

i bought 1 off ebay and it was too bright 2" galvo weld mesh so i got it sand blasted and left it to rust up a bit,next i took the peddle mechanism off and rest of that system then i fabricated a pulley system with the drop down door

so i bait one end attached to a wire through to a pin (via the free running pulley) which holes through the door so when theres very little pull the door will be activated and door shuts

also found that feathered baits work better than rabbit ,hare etc

another tip is soil the floor they dont like walking on mesh

around our area only time we catch anything in these traps is either cubbing time when they are daft and first start hunting on their own

and when food is scarce ie winter time when is hard going for them

try putting them near old farm machinery or knackered fencing so it looks part of the background and we usually bait it up in a hessien sack so they have to smash and grab it to activate the door

also keep well away from the area and use binos or scan it from a distance

this is from my experiences it took me over 6 months to catch one and that was with all the mods done .....i never caught one in the trap straight from ebay (peddle type)

i'll try to get a pick of it to post and you'll be able to see all the components so this discription is easy to explain

hope this helps good luck