100% marker

A good marking dog brings that extra bit of game...cant beat a good un, that doesnt get it wrong...

The picture also made me laugh... The wall was quite thick on both sides but i fully trust him, so it was quite easy to break in there without fear of there being nothing there.. And yes i did build the wall back again. lol.

Well in mate :good:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn't give a f**k if you take the whole council scheme you live in out hunting with you, 5 dogs ferreting is too much...... no wonder you dont see any rabbits lol..... as for me knowing nothing..

Posted Images

Most dogs will naturally mark hot scent.

Ihave to pups on now that mark rabbit holes.

The secret is to heap plenty of praise on the dog when you see it mark a set.

The dog then is aware that this exersise is very rewarding and will go from hole to hole to find you one that is occuppied.

You have to be careful though to much praise and the dog will become avery intense marker.This can lead to false marks

The dog then is aware that this exersise is very rewarding and will go from hole to hole to find you one that is occuppied.

You have to be careful though to much praise and the dog will become avery intense marker.This can lead to false marks

Nah........... you must be doing it wrong pal, coz never get a false mark of him... Obviously a dog giving a false mark, isnt a top marking dog, just trying his hand in the game.

Nah........... you must be doing it wrong pal, coz never get a false mark of him... Obviously a dog giving a false mark, isnt a top marking dog, just trying his hand in the game.

My old bitch is a very consistant marker.

So to me this method is proven :thumbs:

do you ferret every hole to see if she is telling the truth.and not faults marking ...:thumbs:

At first i wasn't sure.

Some of the sets that she showed no interest in looked really clean so i decided to put the ferret in...nothing bolted.

Sometimes she would mark a set that looked completley uninhabited and an odd rabbit would fly out.Maybe it had just dropped in to escape the dogs.I just ferret the holes that she marks these days.

She is getting on a bit now and doesn't have the best of health.Hopefully the two pups will take it on from here.

As a matter of interest what methods do other users on this site use on this site to enhance their dogs marking ability ? :thumbs:

My old bitch is a very consistant marker.

So to me this method is proven :thumbs:

do you ferret every hole to see if she is telling the truth.and not faults marking ...:thumbs:

If he gets a rabbit from all the ones he does do that she marks, what is the difference? Your nit picking for the sake of nit picking mate.

no if you get a pup/dog and give it lots of fuss at every hole then it marking for praise no whats in the ground ..so when you get down to the bunny then give the fuss.the times ive seen dogs that are marking 20/30 hole setts you net up two get feck all......so not nit picking:thumbs: