buck/breay patterdales

im in process of buying a uk imported buck/breay bloodline bitch, pending trial, she is pure black, rough coated, strong bone, good head, bit big but im hopeing she'll make the grade as i really like her. anyone have any pics old or new of dogs of this strain?? and how did/do you rate them as workers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 years old already had a litter and a tad big for job she s intented too do and your talking of breeding her and you ve not even got her yet something does nt add up imo

seriously and buy a dog should not be in same sentence you ll find the best bred terriers are given too like minded people for free and so on and so forth the way it shoud be money will be the undoing

i see this threads gone tits up,i knew frank buck and every terrier i have originate from a terrier fetched from him back in the 90s that dog is in everyone in my kennels and they all go back to black

Posted Images

im in process of buying a uk imported buck/breay bloodline bitch, pending trial, she is pure black, rough coated, strong bone, good head, bit big but im hopeing she'll make the grade as i really like her. anyone have any pics old or new of dogs of this strain?? and how did/do you rate them as workers

the frank buck and cyril bray lines are not far off the start of the patterdale terrier with a big influence off joe bowman ,it was frank and cyril that liked the black terriers and carried on the breeding and later met brian nuttals farther who took some of these dogs for his own breeding .if they are realy these lines what your getting then if the truth is being told and all the breeding goe,s back to the start of the lines i,ll have one too lol cos they be some terriers :thumbs:

http://www.pittrpatter.com/Origin-Patterdales.html you cant beat a bit of history :thumbs:

Edited by dog fox

the frank buck and cyril bray lines are not far off the start of the patterdale terrier with a big influence off joe bowman ,it was frank and cyril that liked the black terriers and carried on the breeding and later met brian nuttals farther who took some of these dogs for his own breeding .if they are realy these lines what your getting then if the truth is being told and all the breeding goe,s back to the start of the lines i,ll have one too lol cos they be some terriers :thumbs:

http://www.pittrpatter.com/Origin-Patterdales.html you cant beat a bit of history :thumbs:

i was under the impression john park took the line on although nuttal may have had some of the line many years later.

buck and braey as you know were a fell type and not of use to any show man.

the nearest to the type and working type i have seen to it is the line which roberts has over in ireland and which i have been told john park has used a few years ago in hism own line.

thats what i was thinking, like to see pics for comparison, the bitch is very similar to my dog in my avatar (which is predominantly old nuttal lines) only solid black. cant see any reason why he'd lie to me over the bitches breeding, another man was mentioned as the man who brought bitch over from uk, im going to try and get in touch with him and see what he has to say about the bitch. might even be able to find out who bred her, think she was bred in buckinghamshire

buck breay lines go way back i think the chances of geting anything of that line thats pure are very slim.

ive to find contact details of the man who brought the bitch to northern ireland originally

he's the one who'll have the info if theres any

the terriers i saw frank buck with at the yorkshire show in the early nineties were very showy black lakeland types and so were his sons

this bitch is showy black and very hairy id bet when shes not stripped, bit on the big side at 15ins more fell than anything

i had a bitch i brought up to scotland for my brother. buck breay lines. she was an ugly f****r finished 15 and a half inch far to big for what we wanted. jet black smooth coated she had a small snipey head and prick ears. :icon_eek: she was named kizzy after the daughter of the famous kunta kinti. from the series roots that had just finished. some of the older members might be able to put a date on that :icon_redface: there are some pics of buck and breay bred terriers in plummers book the fell terrier. brea has a very similar terrier in one pic. prick ears an all :thumbs: as an aside. both buck and breay enjoyed a show and won a few :tongue2:

i had a bitch i brought up to scotland for my brother. buck breay lines. she was an ugly f****r finished 15 and a half inch far to big for what we wanted. jet black smooth coated she had a small snipey head and prick ears. :icon_eek: she was named kizzy after the daughter of the famous kunta kinti. from the series roots that had just finished. some of the older members might be able to put a date on that :icon_redface: there are some pics of buck and breay bred terriers in plummers book the fell terrier. brea has a very similar terrier in one pic. prick ears an all :thumbs: as an aside. both buck and breay enjoyed a show and won a few :tongue2:

shes a very good head, hasnt got prick ears either

if all shes good for is showing she wont be with me very long.

Guest AngelicAcid

My dad knew Buck VERY well, not sure whether he had a terrier off him, but he did have that type around earlier.

He hunted with him a lot, was very good friends, used to get lifts in the milk truck, and even 9 in his old car.

As far as having that blood, it could be about, and whoever has it is very discreet, and clever.

Keeping a line going with success that long, sounds like what Nuttall did up until a few years ago dont it?

My dad knew Buck VERY well, not sure whether he had a terrier off him, but he did have that type around earlier.

He hunted with him a lot, was very good friends, used to get lifts in the milk truck, and even 9 in his old car.

As far as having that blood, it could be about, and whoever has it is very discreet, and clever.

Keeping a line going with success that long, sounds like what Nuttall did up until a few years ago dont it?

tryed to PM you with no success, have you any pics of his dogs?

Hello mate i have buck lines and there as direct from buck as you could really get... the old dogs sire of mine was off max buck . . . .theyre smooth though not rough like yours. . . . mainly big strong dogs no good for small spots or rocks.... they dont start too early or i should say i dont start them early and usually start hard then level out . . . . look at some old topics of mine there all buck stuff not puttin pics up all been seen before. . . Is it a pup you rgettin or a 12month plus??? Be wary of buying someones older crap . . . good luck

Hello mate i have buck lines and there as direct from buck as you could really get... the old dogs sire of mine was off max buck . . . .theyre smooth though not rough like yours. . . . mainly big strong dogs no good for small spots or rocks.... they dont start too early or i should say i dont start them early and usually start hard then level out . . . . look at some old topics of mine there all buck stuff not puttin pics up all been seen before. . . Is it a pup you r gettin or a 12month plus??? Be wary of buying someones older crap . . . good luck

adult bitch, 3yrs. shes already had a litter. shes an out and out fox bitch nothing more..... her biggest fault that i can see is that shes a bit big for fox...... if shes game enough she'll be bred to a smaller worker. he seemed straight up with me. told me all the pro's and cons and im gonna take her on anyway. dealt at a reasonable price. not too worried about her breeding but id like to know either way.