My running dogs

Alright lads, here's my two running dogs. First off, Nightmare. She's going on for 26" and was one year old this week. She's bred by Sooner out of Liverpool Lou "The Legend of Lincoln" (3x winner of the Calendar Cup 3/3 hares).

nightmare.jpg

Sorry it's a crap shot, I took it on the spur of the moment when I got new batteries for the cam lol Will get some in the field in Sept. She's Greyhound/Deerhound/Saluki and has taken her first hare at the end of the season just gone. Mops up rabbits and has tackled her first fox of her own accord 'by accident' as it were.

Should be a good one come next season, we'll see.

Anyway, here's my pup Belle at 15 weeks old (15wks today as it happens :D )...

belle.jpg

You can see it in her pose can't you? "WTF is this tight lead and making me stand still malarky all about then??" :11: She looks terrified eh? :icon_eek:

She's Saluki/Greyhound/Wheaten terrier x Bull/Greyhound. Dam is 26" and sire is 28". Only time will tell... Again, I'll take some pics of her in her element (quartering fields and stalking pigeons at the moment lol) as soon as I can.

Cheers

Lee

Sooner must be some age now? must be at least  14YRS old, ive got an old tape of Salty and Sooner running.

rainmaker did you use to own a dog called Ink?

No mate, Inky's one of her grandparents -I think the lad I got her off used to own Ink? Not 100%, I'll ask him when I see him.

Nice looking dogs ther fella. the white bitch is simular to one of my dogs only your bitch is a bit bigger.

Wasn't the Ink dog bred from one of Willie Toughs dogs crossed with Geof Ogdens Boy ???

Have a few videos of this dog running, mainly double handed wining Calendar coursing events and it seemed a descent animal.

Just got a copy of the Sooner + Salty tape, a very bad copy i must add and there are a few good old dogs on there, including Turk, Don Southerds old bitch and Willie Toughs Spindles.

All the best Tommy :D:D

rainmaker nice dogs mate :good:  wots the wheaten in that pup for???

Good question mate lol Got her off a family of gyppos - the wheaten was a drawing dog, not sure why she ended up in the mix. Jacket and grit maybe? The dam has a long harsh wheaten looking coat and does foxes so it didn't do any harm anyway lol

Cheers,

Lee