the ultimate rabbit dog?

A decent pure Whippet from a good working line.. :thumbs:

Spot one whippets the best rabbit dogs by far.

I love that kind of reply. You can't generalize whole breeds. The 'best' rabbit dogs come in any one of a number of shapes and forms. There are great whippets, beddy x, collie x, saluki x whippet x grey, bull x, deerhound x, bitzas.. . . . .. ..

Opinions were asked for I gave mine I didnt realise we were living in a totalitarian state I,ll be sure to ask you my opinion in future so I get it right that way you can save time disagreeing with other peoples opinions .If thats alright with you .

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the best I ever saw was a 3/4 grey 1/4 DH x 3/4grey 1/4 sal often saw her taking 50+ she was also the mother to Joe Thompsons Sniper but I find the whippet in general as hard to beat for rabbits, the

ohhhhhhhhhhhh likkle hopper want a bit a sympathy????????????   diffrent matter is it mate, what about all the times you told people to cull there shitey dogs   not worth a feck, why not get a pro

No, no , no, mate !! I said a dog that will take rabbits daytime, will have no problem taking them on the lamp !!! If you think I am wrong... OK.. you just carry on !! I'm not into an argument; youre

Posted Images

I love that kind of reply. You can't generalize whole breeds. The 'best' rabbit dogs come in any one of a number of shapes and forms. There are great whippets, beddy x, collie x, saluki x whippet x grey, bull x, deerhound x, bitzas.. . . . .. ..

Opinions were asked for I gave mine I didnt realise we were living in a totalitarian state I,ll be sure to ask you my opinion in future so I get it right that way you can save time disagreeing with other peoples opinions .If thats alright with you .

Opinions are like Arse holes, everyone has one.. Anyway, If I was going out to buy a purely rabbiting runnng dog, I would spend "my" hard earned cash on a well bred Whippet.. After all, that was the whippets orignial role before whippet racing.. If I just wanted to have a lamping dog for rabbits, I'd go for a half cross collie/greyhound..

Below is a photo of my half cross deerhound/Greyhound with a Laguna Whippet and a "bitsa" lurcher chasing January bunnies..

winter.jpg

Calm down sweet heart. What you said was 'Whippets the best rabbit dogs by far' no mention of 'in my opinion / experience'. I was not insulting in my reply, just pointed out that saying 'whippets are the best dog for catching rabbits by far' is a bit of a silly thing to say, when we all know that fantastic rabbiting dogs come in many different forms Just to make you feel better - i own a whippet for rabbits so i do agree in many senses. Now calm down before you wet yourself.

I've had some decent working Whippets, and have worked my Lurchers alongside, what I consider, the best working KC Whippet I have ever seen.... but to say Whippets are the best rabbit dogs BY FAR, is nonsense.

Cheers.

seen pure whippets work daytime rabbits,very good at there job,but get them on the lamp and there piss poor,best daytime rabbit dog ive seen is a mates 3/4 grey 1/4 whippet,some dog and handy on the lamp.

!!LOL !!! Another one who hasn't a clue about working dogs !! Any dog that takes day time rabbits would have no problem on the lamp !! You've seen your mates dog ??? What have you actually done ? Nothing, obviously, by you post !

Cheers.

Best one i had was a 50/50 whippet grey. Sharp as feck animal that would pick them out there seat all night long.. Bred from one of the old Carl Williams whippets.thumbs.gif

Some of the best hare killers I've seen, (not hare coursers), were Whippet X Greyhounds. They couldn't run all day, like a Saluki X, but, boy could they take a hare !!

Cheers.

seen pure whippets work daytime rabbits,very good at there job,but get them on the lamp and there piss poor,best daytime rabbit dog ive seen is a mates 3/4 grey 1/4 whippet,some dog and handy on the lamp.

!!LOL !!! Another one who hasn't a clue about working dogs !! Any dog that takes day time rabbits would have no problem on the lamp !! You've seen your mates dog ??? What have you actually done ? Nothing, obviously, by you post !

Cheers.

never owned a whippet in my life mate,mates got a kennel full of them,so whats with the dig?these dogs are good daytime dogs but shite on the lamp,ive ran my big dog againts 2 of these whippets and hes outcaught everytime

Cheers.

never owned a whippet in my life mate,mates got a kennel full of them,so whats with the dig?these dogs are good daytime dogs but shite on the lamp,ive ran my big dog againts 2 of these whippets and hes outcaught everytime

and theres other members on here who have seen these whippets work and they have the same opinion as me,so pull your head from your a.........