the ultimate rabbit dog?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the best I ever saw was a 3/4 grey 1/4 DH x 3/4grey 1/4 sal often saw her taking 50+ she was also the mother to Joe Thompsons Sniper but I find the whippet in general as hard to beat for rabbits, the

ohhhhhhhhhhhh likkle hopper want a bit a sympathy????????????   diffrent matter is it mate, what about all the times you told people to cull there shitey dogs   not worth a feck, why not get a pro

No, no , no, mate !! I said a dog that will take rabbits daytime, will have no problem taking them on the lamp !!! If you think I am wrong... OK.. you just carry on !! I'm not into an argument; youre

Posted Images

A decent pure Whippet from a good working line.. :thumbs:

Spot one whippets the best rabbit dogs by far.

I love that kind of reply. You can't generalize whole breeds. The 'best' rabbit dogs come in any one of a number of shapes and forms. There are great whippets, beddy x, collie x, saluki x whippet x grey, bull x, deerhound x, bitzas.. . . . .. ..

i have a deerhound/greyhound x whippet bitch who is very handy

and i know someone who used a pure collie, the breed or type doesn't really matter its about working lines, your patience and how you bring the dog on is whats important

if your thinking of getting a pup, try and watch the sire work and see photos of bitch working and hopefully hear from people who have seen the bitch work,

whippet types are useful but thats not all you need to consider...

the best I ever saw was a 3/4 grey 1/4 DH x 3/4grey 1/4 sal often saw her taking 50+ she was also the mother to Joe Thompsons Sniper but I find the whippet in general as hard to beat for rabbits, the thing is when you mate 2 whippets together , you know what you are getting you get whippets

• Like 2
Guest fence_hopper

A decent pure Whippet from a good working line.. :thumbs:

Spot one whippets the best rabbit dogs by far.

I love that kind of reply. You can't generalize whole breeds. The 'best' rabbit dogs come in any one of a number of shapes and forms. There are great whippets, beddy x, collie x, saluki x whippet x grey, bull x, deerhound x, bitzas.. . . . .. ..

excactly :thumbs:

colie grew type yet to see them betterd in any mans company saw kizzy katie chapmans bob luke lana and now minnin very sharp dogs and made the game look easy had one at nine and ahalf year oos still game with pins in her leg put younger dogs to shame