your best pike fishing lure/ bait

Another of my favourite baits for pike is the lamprey. 13lamprey_hickey.jpg

Gotta be a yank? I had a few of them Storm mini pike lures,only caught tree`s and bushes with it tho. Best lure I had was a pink and blue Abu lure looked like a camp disco minnow,found it,had several medium jacks on it,from a few different lakes and a river. Took it back to where I found it,and got snapped off by a really massive... tree,before I bothered to remember the name of it..

yeah i have herd a lot of great reports about the lamprey lately, i have never used it yet but do plan to give it a shot this winter.

supposed to be full of blood and when they thaw in the water the pike apparently goes mad for the scent.

niall_b73

Poacher3161 are they SARDINES? the BASTARRDS things never stay on long enough for me :wallbash: how do you keep them on :hmm:

Could be wrong mate but I`d of said they were spratts? Whats the difference? A little bit of bait elastic round the tail trebel works for me,but Im not really a pike angler

Poacher3161 are they SARDINES? the BASTARRDS things never stay on long enough for me :wallbash: how do you keep them on :hmm:

No mate their sprats.I use a uni rig trace with a single hook and the treble a couple of inch down from it putting the single hook through the base of the tail if casting a long way i have used baite elastic.I have found them a bit tougher than sardines as well:thumbs:

yeah i have herd a lot of great reports about the lamprey lately, i have never used it yet but do plan to give it a shot this winter.

supposed to be full of blood and when they thaw in the water the pike apparently goes mad for the scent.

niall_b73

I have found them to be very good on rivers [bANNED TEXT] other baites have failed to catch:thumbs:

niall_b73

Ive tried frozen sections (defrosted) popped up off the bottom,on a moat near me full of jacks and a few biggers females(18lb,known) and had F all. F`in expensive too.

Edited by bobcullen79