Rats

Lewdan

Been having problems with our little furry friends comming up under the fence from next doors sh*t tip of a garden, tried poison and traps with little success, so early this evening sat out with my grandsons .177 junior rifle--litterally five minutes ago shot my second rattyand i,m really enjoying myself havent done this for years :boogie:

anyway going back out to see if any more about---keep you posted :gunsmilie:

LD

Go get them Lew :thumbs:

Nothing like a bit of rat bashing with a air rifle.

You will be surprised how hard they are though even when cracked in the head.

Some take seconds to die rather that instantaneously dying

Si

Damn right Si :yes:

Went out last night and was amazed to see half of em drop with a noggin shot, only to get up a second or two later and try to run.

Ole scaly tails just don't seem to know what they are supposed to do when they are dead :blink:

Phantom

Go get them Lew :thumbs:

Nothing like a bit of rat bashing with a air rifle.

You will be surprised how hard they are though even when cracked in the head.

Some take seconds to die rather that instantaneously dying

Si

yes they do that alot with me, when i shoot them with tx200 they go right throught and they run of for a second or 2 but when i shoot them with my old meteor they drop dead and its old 6 ft lbs dont no why that is?

yes they do that alot with me, when i shoot them with tx200 they go right throught and they run of for a second or 2 but when i shoot them with my old meteor they drop dead and its old 6 ft lbs dont no why that is?

Simple ballistics/physics :yes:

The higher power allows the pellet to go through, thus transferring little kinetic (shock) energy.

The lower power wont go all the way through, hence it will transferre all the kinetic energy to the rodent, this will cause the rodents nervous system to go into shock and shut down much faster.

:thumbs:

Take care

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Been having problems with our little furry friends comming up under the fence from next doors sh*t tip of a garden, tried poison and traps with little success, so early this evening sat out with my grandsons .177 junior rifle--litterally five minutes ago shot my second rattyand i,m really enjoying myself havent done this for years :boogie:

anyway going back out to see if any more about---keep you posted :gunsmilie:

LD

just an update, after my post last night returned to the garden, put on my outside light, and waited ! after about 20mins the biggest rat of the day came from under the fence and sat on the path only about 10 yds away :icon_eek: took aim and you guessed it --- i MISSED!!! :wallbash: :wallbash:Been out yhere for an hour tonight but nothing about :icon_redface: anyway iv got the bug now so as they say I,LL BE BACK!!

thanks for your replys and comments much appreciatedand sorry theres no pics my camera is naffed. but perhps next time :gunsmilie:

LD

Im still keeping a lookout in my garden :whistling: had this one Saturday night took pic next morning with my new camera :boogie: its not very big but the only good rat is a dead one :gunsmilie:

LD

Looks like you stopped this rat just in time, its either pregnant, or its been eating all the pies :D