FAC Shotgun Variation ?

Hi all :D

I've recently purchased a brand new Winchester SX3 Composite and i am thinking of removing the plug in the magazine tube so that the gun will become 4 + 1.

I am also FAC registered for a .22lr.

The shotgun is only used for pest control on a local estate , and i am also a member of a pigeon / avian shooting syndicate.

Do you guys think that i will be able to get a variation for my shotgun for the kind of shooting that i do ,

Many thanks ,

John :hmm:

pest control would be a viable excuse, or if you were shooting PSG, but I have to ask do you need it? I have not really had many if any instances in my 3 years shotgunning that you'd need more than 3 shots at the most, as the other birds have already buggered off out of range!

bear in mind though, if you do decide to take the gun wildfowling, then you'll be breaking the law as you may only shoot waterfowl with a shotgun, not having a magazine able to hold more than 2 cartridges. plus if it is a factory 2+1 gun, you may not be able to just take the plug out, as the magazine tube may be crimped as it is in the Benelli montefeltro, so you may need a whole new magazine tube, I don't know on that one.

I would'ent say pest control is a good enough reason, based on essex

Im a full time pest controller, and got my FAC on an open ticket on first application, but on asking if I could have sec 1 on my SGC for my semi auto to hold more, was given a big NO