Hi I am new on here but have been involved with what we call the non-ped whippet racing for many years now. The non-ped whippet so called, as they have through the years been crossed with greyhound. I am chairman of the NEW NATIONAL WHIPPET RACING FEDERATION which is an organization that stages race meetings for our members across the UK throughout the year, during the summer months we have straight racing running from traps over 165yds on grass and in the winter months we move to the bend racing most of these are held at HIGHGATE GREYHOUND STADIUM Barnsley South Yorkshire, our next event which is a bend meeting will be on Sunday 10th October, 28th October and the NNWRF BEND CHAMPIONSHIPS ( sponsored by GAIN ) on 14th November there will be around 150+ entries at this event who will have travelled from as far as Scotland and Portsmouth. unlike greyhound racing there is no gambling at these events it is purely an enjoyable hobby, racing starts around 1pm please feel free to come along for the day and watch these fantastic dogs race, I can guarantee you will be amazed by them

post-53936-083320800 1284461733_thumb.jpg

I've been following the thread on K9 about "Club Racing"; and think one of the main problems is advertising ! I live 1 1/2 mile from my local track, Westerhope, but no one in the area knows that Whippet racing is still going on, even people who had Whippets in the past, and might have got back into it if only they knew it was still going !! Strangely enough; I have just today recieved dvd copies of the ITV documentary "It's A Dogs Life", all about Whippet Racing at Wallsend Rising Sun, in the early 70's ! I'm going to hand them out to people who may be interested in getting into Whippet Racing. It will be a real shame if it is allowed to die out.

Cheers.

Guest little lurcher

good luck , i work a non ped bitch , ( pogue mahone ) and she im told done well on the track , excellent to get as much advertising as you can , may i also suggest using facebook to assist the advertising of club racing

here,s a video

off a 3/4 whip 1/4 grey ,,,,going round thorton grey track ,,,at only 11 month old pup :thumbs: give u an idea on how quick they are even if there just still pups learning there trade for the 1st time in winter getting abit excircse ,till clubs start in spring :thumbs:

th_2005_0506picsmums0006.jpg

right that all iam putting on i can go all night ,,,, :thumbs::thumbs:

About the video - Would the 3/4 whippet count as a non-ped for the racing clubs? It looks good to see them run.

YEAH they could run at non ped clubs ,,,as long as they had there injections

here,s a another video,,,,of another 3/4 whip 1/4 grey

he was 15month then,,, 28lber 21 1/2 inch roughly

th_2005_0506picsmums0008.jpg

another whippet video

of a whippet ,,24lb,,,very little grey in her breeding,,,,but all ran at same club ,,,under non ped rules

th_2005_0506picsmums0009.jpg

i wished i took more video,s when whippets were trailing at thorton ,from trap,,,but it was done off my camrea phone over 300 yrds to finish line,,,,when lure stopped back at trapps they had done 400yrds,,,if an open was on some ,,,will have to run heat / x heats / semi,s / and final,s ,,,,,they could be asked to race 3 to 5 times the same day at ,,,bends,,,,,unfurtuntly ,,,bend racing has died out in scotland,,,,but still goes strong in england,,,,,but scotland and england ,,in summer months ,,,straight racing still going strong ,,,,150 yrds to 175 yrds

:thumbs: