WELLIES FOR ABOUT 50 QUID

Guest AngelicAcid

Guest AngelicAcid

Now then, im after a decent par of wellies for about 50 quid, must have a tough thick sole, not bothered about neoprene, any reccomendations please.

Ive just put a spike through my hunter balmoral bamboo so am a bit sick.

If you can put another tenner towards mate.. i'd go for muck boots!

post-9466-039635300 1284757283_thumb.jpg

Mine have been everywhere mate..

Tibet....

Andes....

Alpes....

IIlkley Moor...

Got 3 yrs use out of my last pair... on 24/7!

:thumbs:

il 2nd that mate :thumbs: i paid £55 for my muckboots and theyre hardly ever off,its like lamping in your slippers :thumbs:

I'll 3rd it mate, you cant beat muck boots....

Never heard of steel toe caps being warm. They must be being made alot better these days....

The boots with liners in, are more designed for sitting around or working in. Not really walking, as your feet sweat from the inside and it becomes wet in the wellie.

I wear the muck boots, and every winter buy a pair of neopreme wetsuit socks, last a full season, and keep you dry and warm mate..

I thought the neoprene tended to rip, im very heavy on footwear.

ive never had any rips in mine and im on the 3rd year :thumbs: mind you i mainly lamp in em but i have waded through heavy bramble in em while mooching in the day and had no probs :thumbs: the only thing i would say is dont chill out in front of a campfire with em on,as i did wi my last pair,a fecking big ember landed on em.. :censored: it went right through to mi shin :censored:

muck botts with vibram sole might be ok but the others are crap. mine went like racing slike on the sole within 6 month. i couldnt stand up on a wet grassy sloap also inside they semmed alot of space even though they were the right size , going up or down steep sloaps my feet moved round in side.

theres plenty others out there that are better for around 50 - 60 :thumbs:

MUCK BOOT AFTER 6 MONTH (the top boot)

DSCF0706.jpg

the other pair are called la crosse and in my opinion are far superior there rubber all the way up have a better sole and are neaprean inside with thin fleese on top , also more support around the foot and anckle

DSCF0707.jpg

I thought the neoprene tended to rip, im very heavy on footwear.

ive never had any rips in mine and im on the 3rd year :thumbs: mind you i mainly lamp in em but i have waded through heavy bramble in em while mooching in the day and had no probs :thumbs: the only thing i would say is dont chill out in front of a campfire with em on,as i did wi my last pair,a fecking big ember landed on em.. :censored: it went right through to mi shin :censored:

Ember....or hot rock!!!!!!.......... :whistling: