Fell and Moorland Working Terrier Club.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the Kent FMWTC meet last night ( my first). I had a great time, really sound lads, and learnt a lot. Well pleased with my experience, so I joined up. Definitely worth a tenner for me, as I

like any club its only as good as its membership . its dont matter who you are or what you are if you have a trapped terrier the CLUB will respond, it has all ways had it critics it has good and

When Tyson Cowan etc started up the fell & moorland all those years ago they set a template for most of the terrier clubs to follow in Scotland Jnr o'donnell & Derek Kneller contacted Tyson and then formed the Mid Scottish area of the Fell and moorland. Years down the line the former comitee members formed the Scottish Working Terrier club in between times the NWTF was set up My old man still moans that when the SWTC hired a car to go to the first meeting of the nwtf Jim Montieth had flu and wouldnt drive the car the Cumbria working terrier club split the cost of the car hire but Sandy Guthrie and Mick Steel were'nt insured for it so dearest dad had to drive down and back I think it was in Glocester. The NWTF is the most important thing that that has happenned to terrierwork without it we would all be talking in past tense so take a bow Barry and everybody else that helps run/organise/supports terrier clubs its easy to criticicise its a damn site harder to arrange time off etc to make sure these clubs survive because terrierwork won't survive without them Proud to be a part of it YIS

derek. now there's a fella that could have taught a few how to work a terrier :thumbs: done a power in his younger days. and new a trick or two.

pity you didnt put a pic of the above up. could have won the ugliest club in britain. lol. shame they went down the closed membership road. very few like the old school about now mores the pity

When Tyson Cowan etc started up the fell & moorland all those years ago they set a template for most of the terrier clubs to follow in Scotland Jnr o'donnell & Derek Kneller contacted Tyson and then formed the Mid Scottish area of the Fell and moorland. Years down the line the former comitee members formed the Scottish Working Terrier club in between times the NWTF was set up My old man still moans that when the SWTC hired a car to go to the first meeting of the nwtf Jim Montieth had flu and wouldnt drive the car the Cumbria working terrier club split the cost of the car hire but Sandy Guthrie and Mick Steel were'nt insured for it so dearest dad had to drive down and back I think it was in Glocester. The NWTF is the most important thing that that has happenned to terrierwork without it we would all be talking in past tense so take a bow Barry and everybody else that helps run/organise/supports terrier clubs its easy to criticicise its a damn site harder to arrange time off etc to make sure these clubs survive because terrierwork won't survive without them Proud to be a part of it YIS

derek. now there's a fella that could have taught a few how to work a terrier :thumbs: done a power in his younger days. and new a trick or two.

pity you didnt put a pic of the above up. could have won the ugliest club in britain. lol. shame they went down the closed membership road. very few like the old school about now mores the pity

Derek still could CS. He still has some black terriers about him and kept busy.

LL

LL

glad to here that :thumbs: havnt seen him in years. mad for his stalking last i saw him. bet they all line back to wee ash. :thumbs::yes:

LL

glad to here that :thumbs: havnt seen him in years. mad for his stalking last i saw him. bet they all line back to wee ash. :thumbs::yes:

Yeah and Bill Brightmores Chaka :thumbs: