Maybe its something to do with this.............anybody can buy a piece of equipment, set it up correctly and begin to shoot. If they miss then its there own doing and generally can take a bit tongue in cheek slagging. Then theres the flip side of this which is working with dogs......you get a pup, put in hours upon hours training the dog and somebody comes along and calls it shite without even see it working and inevitably an argument will start.

Dont know why some of the write ups are longer....some folk(not slagging) cant manage to string a few sentences together on here never mind a whole story. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this may well be the case,i have put a few threads in this section myself but there is a lot of fieldcraft invoved to having a successful trip out with an air rifle and i for one enjoy reading up on s

id rather read a good write up on someone out for a shoot even if it is just a cpl bunnies or whatever,than read the nasty bullshit in the lurcher section.slating peoples dogs and never giving a strai

Considering the propensity of a certain sector of society favouring a certain type of dog IE bull,staff,rott,ETC and their more than lethal attributes one has to wonder whether dogs should be licenced

Another thread going absoloutley nowhere :thumbdown:

didn't expect anything else did you

it, was going fine when we got rid of you, then someone came along and said a dog i as serious as a gun....

tetchy f****r when you want to be aint ya

lol not at all mate. You some kind of ganster.... you shouldnt model yourself of him mate, he a southern dipper, whos only weapon is his pigs, lol.... have fun mate.

Re the dog / gun thing. Not all dogs can/could/would kill, but every firearm of a certain type could. I am not saying there SHOULD NOT be any control over dogs (which incidently there is so i don't really see your point???), i'm just asking a perfectly reasonable question about whether folk on here feel that maybe the time has come for some kind of control over air rifles? I'm not suggesting there SHOULD be, just asking for opinions. I know ideally we would just have a control on morons and c**ts and then air rifles, vicious dogs or 8ft dildos wouldnt cause any problems (i've got my eye on you top notch! :tongue2: ), but as that isnt currently possible . . . . .

annnnnnnnd,

Yes Russ seems to be a tetchy b*****d at times, but he speaks sense most of the time. . . . . .and hes nice dogs . . . . .. . and a nice missus :thumbs:

Another thread going absoloutley nowhere :thumbdown:

didn't expect anything else did you

it, was going fine when we got rid of you, then someone came along and said a dog i as serious as a gun....

I think I should take up fishing you just cast a line and reel them in,funny though you did just prove to us all how the running dogs posts go to shite :thumbs:

Edited by danw

Re the dog / gun thing. Not all dogs can/could/would kill, but every firearm of a certain type could. I am not saying there SHOULD NOT be any control over dogs (which incidently there is so i don't really see your point???), i'm just asking a perfectly reasonable question about whether folk on here feel that maybe the time has come for some kind of control over air rifles? I'm not suggesting there SHOULD be, just asking for opinions. I know ideally we would just have a control on morons and c**ts and then air rifles, vicious dogs or 8ft dildos wouldnt cause any problems (i've got my eye on you top notch! :tongue2: ), but as that isnt currently possible . . . . .

annnnnnnnd,

Yes Russ seems to be a tetchy b*****d at times, but he speaks sense most of the time. . . . . .and hes nice dogs . . . . .. . and a nice missus :thumbs:

lol, insult and compliment at the same time, hahah. cheers pal...

Cant help laugh at these gansters!!

yes i agree the air rifle section has little arguments , maybe because it is well run or maybe its because the same 5 people posting on there seem to be a little too friendly with each other sometimes infact to the point that i feel i just walked in on my mum :icon_redface:

but i like all fieldsports and do have a read up of everything and like to know what yardage people are claiming shooting rabbits / foxes etc. it all needs fieldcraft.

the running dog section is just the dog section , the dog game has never changed , same old crap . be it on the internet or game show the same old type of people wanting to match people and if they lose they get upset. or when they get told that the dog they are going to breed from is an untested piece of shit they get all upset and throw arond death threats instead of asking for help in getting the real deal.

the terrier section , it seems these guys have nothing to prove to anyone and just get on with it :thumbs:

falconry , seems ok if you dont mind reading about dodgy derek and same old boring rspb clips of his house getting raided.

pigeon section , wish more people posted on there :)

well thats what i think anyway lol

The airgun section can be a bit matey-matey-back-slappy sometimes but there's a good core of lads on there. I've used the bloody things for over 30 years and I help out where I can, I'm no expert but I know what I know.

I went to a get together organised by one of the regulars on there last year and it was a very friendly bunch of folks. I must admit though, I did feel a little awkward when a game of soggy biscuit broke out..... :kiss: