Not an argument, just wondering. Why is it that in the shooting section. If a guy shots a rabbit or 2 or 3, it is a massive long and drawn out write up.... with 100's of lines and different pics of the same rabbit....

I think if, if every lurcher man on here wrote about every rabbit we caught, the site would crash with to much imput... Really dont understand it, I can shot a rabbit, so can my mum... I cant run after one tho..

That is an interesting question RFYL. Haven't got a clue why the write ups are longer though, or why there is less bickering on those sections (as Watchman pointed out).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this may well be the case,i have put a few threads in this section myself but there is a lot of fieldcraft invoved to having a successful trip out with an air rifle and i for one enjoy reading up on s

id rather read a good write up on someone out for a shoot even if it is just a cpl bunnies or whatever,than read the nasty bullshit in the lurcher section.slating peoples dogs and never giving a strai

Considering the propensity of a certain sector of society favouring a certain type of dog IE bull,staff,rott,ETC and their more than lethal attributes one has to wonder whether dogs should be licenced

I'd rather more pictures of dead rabbits & decent write ups in the lurcher section TBH. Pisses me off when you get a picture and write up of a young pups first few rabbits in there and it barely makes it past page one, then you get someone posting a thread about Hancock, Minshaw or any one of the other famous internet dogs & it turns into 20 pages of childish bickering & bullshit. :thumbs:

Makes me wonder just how serious some of the serious dogmen on here really are... :laugh:

Yeah, totally agree with you maltenby but bloody hell dont mention the name "minshaw" all hell will break loose, or you may even get kicked off, lol.

Adebate is good for any topic and forum... And a good argument(not swearing or abusive or agressive) can do no harm, as long as everyone comes out friends at the otherside. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree, everyone has there own opinions but there are people on here, who dont even go out and catch any game...

lol, ok. no worries.. still mates? x

someone would have to go a long way to upset me mate certainly never happen on here that's for sure,if anyone takes more from this site than the tongue in cheek it generally deserves they need to get out with the dogs more :kiss:

Not an argument, just wondering. Why is it that in the shooting section. If a guy shots a rabbit or 2 or 3, it is a massive long and drawn out write up.... with 100's of lines and different pics of the same rabbit....

I think if, if every lurcher man on here wrote about every rabbit we caught, the site would crash with to much imput... Really dont understand it, I can shot a rabbit, so can my mum... I cant run after one tho..

That is an interesting question RFYL. Haven't got a clue why the write ups are longer though, or why there is less bickering on those sections (as Watchman pointed out).

i think they have more respect for each other, and cant really whos gun is better than theres! As its a man made object.

i think they have more respect for each other, and cant really whos gun is better than theres! As its a man made object.

Also lads are attached to their dogs in a more personal way than to a gun (as you say a man made object), so it gets more heated.

I know what you mean RFYL, i do enjoy reading te right ups, but sometimes it gets VERY in depth, with 24 photos of the 8 week old kit thats been shot, from every possible angle. Like many have said we can learn a lot from them in regards to their positive attitude and helpfulness, but at the same time there is SOMETHING i can't quite put my finger on which i find a little creepy or strange. . . . it's like a group of boy scouts (as i have said before) who spend a huge number of their posts telling each other how wonderful they are and handing out 'slut points' right left and center for every kill. I think at the start i would like it if the running dog section became more like the air rifle section . . . . . but after a while i think it would be a bit boring.

On a seperate / side note. Considering the move forwards with regard to accuracy, power etc and that many air rifles are silenced, multi shot and fairly deadly, do you think there should be some regulation / licensing on them. . . . i'm just not sure how safe it is having anyone being able to get hold of a lethal fire arm?

I regularly go out with a shooter....He,s one of the mildest and humble blokes you,ll ever meet....im sure if he wanted to do a write up on here it would be both entertaing and ifformative. but he chooses not to and just gets on with it. If only all the lurchermen were like him this forum would be a much better place...atb stabba

I know what you mean RFYL, i do enjoy reading te right ups, but sometimes it gets VERY in depth, with 24 photos of the 8 week old kit thats been shot, from every possible angle. Like many have said we can learn a lot from them in regards to their positive attitude and helpfulness, but at the same time there is SOMETHING i can't quite put my finger on which i find a little creepy or strange. . . . it's like a group of boy scouts (as i have said before) who spend a huge number of their posts telling each other how wonderful they are and handing out 'slut points' right left and center for every kill. I think at the start i would like it if the running dog section became more like the air rifle section . . . . . but after a while i think it would be a bit boring.

On a seperate / side note. Considering the move forwards with regard to accuracy, power etc and that many air rifles are silenced, multi shot and fairly deadly, do you think there should be some regulation / licensing on them. . . . i'm just not sure how safe it is having anyone being able to get hold of a lethal fire arm?

absolute cracker that ideation, well put. ....

Considering the propensity of a certain sector of society favouring a certain type of dog IE bull,staff,rott,ETC and their more than lethal attributes one has to wonder whether dogs should be licenced/regulated,see I am just not sure how safe it is having anyone being able to get hold of a lethal canine. :whistling:

• Like 1

Considering the propensity of a certain sector of society favouring a certain type of dog IE bull,staff,rott,ETC and their more than lethal attributes one has to wonder whether dogs should be licenced/regulated,see I am just not sure how safe it is having anyone being able to get hold of a lethal canine. :whistling:

hahaha, yea, it wouldc be good if a dog could kill at 200yrds, but sadly it cant....

hahaha, yea, it wouldc be good if a dog could kill at 200yrds, but sadly it cant....

an airgun won,t kill you at 200 yards and most dogs can out run a man to 200 yards I guess that's why the plod use them to catch people I think you will find plenty of cases where dogs have killed people.

an airgun won,t kill you at 200 yards and most dogs can out run a man to 200 yards I guess that's why the plod use them to catch people I think you will find plenty of cases where dogs have killed people.

plenty? USUALY CHILDREN. YOU SHOOT A CHILD IN THE EYE AT RANGE, ARE YOU SAYING IT WOULD NEVER KILL IT?