Want to start shooting

Hi everyone! I am thinking about starting shooting, theres some land which I will be doing some ferreting on in october and im going to see if I can get some permisson to shoot there also. I was just wonder what would be a good air rifle to start off with as my birthday is coming up :):)

hi mate my oppinion is get yourself a springer you should find a good quility one for your budget the reason i say get a springer is that if you are just starting shooting a pcp you will need a filling bottle or pump to refil wich is more expence you could fill up at the gunshop but then you have to keep going there wich is a nusence if you run out of air half way through a shoot

with a good springer you dont have to worry about air plus i know a few who have gone for pcp first and unfortunatly they cant shoot a springer you can practise and practice with it with out refill this is just my oppinion it is up to you

good luck with your choice :thumbs:

Hi Mate

You could pick up a PCP for that money, but it's doubtful whether that would include charging gear and that's another £100 + to consider. I know that Venom Viper had a Weihrach HW77 in .22, plus sling, selling on here for about £160, plus a scope for £50 from the optics for sale section.

All done with a cracking gun that will last a life time, plus a reasonable optic, for Circa £200, leaving you £50.00 towards Birthday beer!

Just a thought, all the best with your decision!

James

A decent Springer will teach you to shoot,

BUT have you any experiance of shooting?

I would reccomend you try a local club and the members there will be only too happy to let you 'shoulder' their guns so you get to try some to find out if it 'fits you'

I would also not even think about shooting live quarry before you are capable of putting 99% of your pellets in a circle the size of a 10 pence piece at 30 yards :yes:

Good luck with the ferrets as well :yes: I've just got a couple myself :D

Phantom

Thank you mate :) i did have a stoeger for a little while i did some shooting in my garden and shot a couple of pigeons, i ended up selling that though as i didnt really have know anywhere i could go with it, but now i know that i should be able to get some permission i want to give it another try