Stubble rash

Hi all

Not going to bore you with a huge write up... this time, but had a blinding time over the wheat stubble yesterday.

I was using 5 flocked decoys with UV pen added. I put them out in a loose U, with the arms about 10 meters apart spread between 15 and 25 meters from my lay up spot.

post-43460-004780100 1283106568_thumb.jpg

I wasn't using a hide, simply sitting under the shadow of some trees, against the fence line, near where I had seen a lot of activity the evening before.

post-43460-091590100 1283106921_thumb.jpgn

Although the dreaded blue car crappes where flying over the pattern, at first they were heading in to the trees for a look before deciding to drop in. After about 45 mins things started warming up and pigeons started dropping in to the pattern.

The first hit was a flyer and headed straight for the MoD fence, although shot squarely in the neck. I watched him fall out the air the other side. The next hour was spent demonstrating a variety of ways to miss, until The second dropped in at about 30 meters. One AA Field, served on a tasty bed of Compressed Air Arms recipe air, ensured that it's heart melted with the metallic goodness.

Third was shot at about 22 meters with not so much as a twitch, just leaned forward. Forth was at 25 meter zero and bang in the thinking bits. 5th was another flyer but recovered later from the farm house garden and 6th was straight through the shoulder flap.

So in all 6 shot 5 recovered.

Four in the field,

post-43460-011761000 1283107911_thumb.jpg

am taking a friend, new to pigeon shooting with an air rifle, although a reasonable shot, tomorrow, so hoping for double that at least, will let you know how we do!

• Like 3

Well done buddy,

Decoying can be a real good way of filling a game bag if you spend time on recognisance first and note the bird’s flight lines and feeding areas / times etc.

I learnt long ago if you watch them first and then replicate their feeding pattern you will do well.

All the best

Si