saluki bull greyhound growling .advice needed please

well my nephew just recently bought two lurcher pups and there staying in my back garden with my lurcher .yesterday i come in and the pup seemed to be acting different he wasnt wagging his tail and jumping around like usual .hes still eating but not as much hes been for a walk and ran around like normal but when hes in the garden he sits in the kennel i went to stroke him to get him to come out of the kennel and he groweled and snacked so i lay him on the floor then the same happend to my nephew this morning .so to night we made them sit out side the kennel while we sat inside it for half hour he seems well i just dont know whats the matter with him has any one had this before .

Edited by cookie 2

maybe the older lurcher put him in his place, this would explain the being down in the dumps when he still in the garden and ok when he is out, prob growlin to try an hold some sort of place in the pack - just insecure. i would try have him on his own for a bit if it was poss

maybe the older lurcher put him in his place, this would explain the being down in the dumps when he still in the garden and ok when he is out, prob growlin to try an hold some sort of place in the pack - just insecure. i would try have him on his own for a bit if it was poss

I agree.. Pup was probly bitin and messin about too much nd older one got sick of it nd put it in it's place

What age are all these dogs? Are they all kenneled in together?

the other puppy is a bitch yes they are all kenneled together he is 3 months and the other puppy is a few weeks younger. the older dog did have a go at him but that was when he first came but ive just recently put the bitch in and this happened the other day im just worried about the growling because ive got 2 kids do you think this could be because of the bitch thanks .

well my nephew just recently bought two lurcher pups and there staying in my back garden with my lurcher .yesterday i come in and the pup seemed to be acting different he wasnt wagging his tail and jumping around like usual .hes still eating but not as much hes been for a walk and ran around like normal but when hes in the garden he sits in the kennel i went to stroke him to get him to come out of the kennel and he groweled and snacked so i lay him on the floor then the same happend to my nephew this morning .so to night we made them sit out side the kennel while we sat inside it for half hour he seems well i just dont know whats the matter with him has any one had this before .

some of these ones are hard to figure out unless you know more of the situation, if pups have too much freedom with little or no correction they begin to believe the world revolves round them, whatever goes on between the pup and any other dog , should not effect the owner and pup relationship,,make the pup "down" before you fed him, dont leave food with him, training pups helps to ground them , if ya can tie the lead to ya for an hour ,every so often, and go about your business, by the end of it , he wont need reminding whos in charge,,there is plenty of things out there that will help,, 2 lurchers pups together wont help though,,Best of luck,,

So is the pup of 3 months the one who snapped at you and your nephew? If so may be teething and a bit ratty about his face being touched?! Not good considering the children around but worth a thought.................But gotta be said two lurcher pups together does encourage nips cause that's what they spend all there time doing together. Firm but fair at that age..........Or I'm rambling about an irrelevant scenario..blah blah :hmm:

thanks for all the replies lads and lasses he seem to be a bit better to day. i think its just going to take time for them all to get used to each other . i rember when i first put the pup in the kennel my lurcher was a bit funny for a few days it was just the growling that was worrying me thinking about what it would he be like when he was older if it contiued just cause none of the other pups have done this im just going to keep on top of him. once again thanks for all the advice happy hunting