Rapid 7 Buddy Bottle Leaking Air ?

mjr88

Hi all :D

I've just noticed that one of the valves on a small buddy bottle from my Rapid 7 is leaking air.

Can the valve be replaced or is it more likely that the valve may have come loose.

I seem to have read somewhere that you can buy a tool for tightening up these valves or to replace them.

Just to clarify : it is not a BALL VALVE as is fitted to my large 300cc bottle that is leaking , but a another type. Looks like a normal valve from a bikes tyre or something like that ,

John :unsure:

Edited by mjr88

Leaking from the buddy bottle? I that's the case, check the O ring.

I had just filled all 3 bottles with air and as usual did the spit test on each of the valves and the one mentioned is leaking slowly from the bottle neck valve area.

Therefore , this bottle will not be fitted to the rifle until the problem has been sorted.

As already mentioned i was just wondering if this valve can be reseated or replaced ,

john :cry:

Edited by mjr88

Leaking from the buddy bottle? I that's the case, check the O ring.

I had just filled all 3 bottles with air and as usual did the spit test on each of the valves and the one mentioned is leaking slowly from the bottle neck valve area.

Therefore , this bottle will not be fitted to the rifle until the problem has been sorted.

As already mentioned i was just wondering if this valve can be reseated or replaced ,

john :cry:

If it is leaking from the actual valve (the bit that looks like a car or a bike valve) yes it can be replaced. Its called a schrader valve.

Firstly try to fill the bottle really fast from a dive cylinder if you have one. Sometimes they leak if they have a small bit of dirt on the valve seat, and with a quick blast it will usually clear and right itself.

If it does need replacing, Do not replace it with a schrader from a car or bike though as they cant handle the pressure.

I think they are around £5 from Theoben mate.

Heres a link http://www.theoben.co.uk/product.php?productid=47

You will need a valve key to remove the old valve and fit the new one, If you dont have one you can buy them at car accessory shops etc.

Kyle

would that mean you could swap the valves on the 280cc bottle to the 400cc one kyle?

cheers, wurz

I dont think the complete valve/bottle neck is interchangeable on the 280 and 400cc bottles. Im not 100%sure though bud.

How you getting on with seals for your rapid? I havent forgot about sending a 280cc bottle for you to try, I will send it this week for you mate :thumbs:

Kyle