muscle structure

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or did you want everybody to blow smoke up your arse ???

ov course i did :D

i was just trying to get a rise out ov ya but it didnt work...all in good fun mate :11:

i do agree tho at 10 month theres gona be no real hard defanition

but the potential there

il tell you tho its amazing how fast she drops the wieght when the work goes in to her

can be quite worrying at times :hmm:

give her a more fatty diet ... dogs derive their energy from fats and if there isnt enough in her system then she will burn muscle instead .........

i was thinking of that in a way

but adding a fat to the red mills but not sure wich direction to go

maybe olive oil as its high in calories and dosent have any adverce eaffact

but any other alternatives in the way of additves to the red mills is welcome

thanks fox killer :D

it needs to be animal fats mate beef is the best ... i get all the offcuts from my local butcher and it comes to around 20lb per week which mixed with chicken rabbit and venison is more than enough ............

yep i know what your saying mate

i was explaing to another lad that i cant keep a lot of raw food about

as i dont have the space and get this the local butcher wont give me feck all for free

not even a bone and hes got to pay to get rid :blink:

il have a ponder and see what i can come up with :hmm:

Edited by swamper

The easiest and quickest way to get fat into a Dogs body is by using pre-digested fat. It assimilates real quick and they love it!!......How do you give it to them? Just buy some Beef dripping from the Butchers or a generic Supermarket brand. It does work and they will snatch your Hand off to get it. When I use it I melt and drizzle it over Kibble or whatever the Dog is having that Night. There are other things, but just make sure it is pre-digested, namely Animal Fats. I give a mixture of this and a Broth to Pups on cold Days, as they will lose weight real quick just keeping warm.

I am not a Fan of having over Muscular youngsters. I like the Muscle to grow at the same speed as the rest of the Body and sometimes we are guilty of influencing that by the amount of food and exercise we give them. Sometimes Dogs are just naturally Muscular, but usually everything else is capable of supporting it. Don't forget the Heart has to supply those Muscles with Oxygen and the Bones and Joints have to support them. Let them be Puppies, is my advice. My comments are not directed at anyone, just joining in on the Topic and expressing my opinions.

Hi Frank,

Pre-digested fats mean that the fat has been partly broken down and so it's easier to digest, and most supermarkets will stock Beef dripping and also various other animal fats in this form, (kinda looks like a cream coloured paste/pate)

if you ever cook a roast, the juices from the meat (not all but most) if left to harden will become what I call a dripping, but beef dripping is the best on a sandwich with some salt :clapper:

yes Frank, dripping is a sort of lard, but I can't for the life of me think what lard comes from, having a mental block, it's too early :11: think it's pig, yes it is! mental block gone :)

make sure though that if your going to use lard that it's PURE lard as lard sold in supermarkets commonly contains added BHT (a banned chemical in some countries), which is used as a preservative, so i'd go to your butchers for it ;)

and rendered fat obtained from cows or sheep is known as tallow,

so ask for either beef dripping (which I find the best on sandwiches, and if I like it my dogs will love it) pure lard or tallow

I've never given my dogs anything like this before but I just might give it a go too :clapper: