collie grey leveing rabbits

get the dog fit mate then you can rule that problem out if he still

does same when fit

its a think some colliexs have in there heads but seen saluki/bullxs refuse to run

at times but foundand had colliex do the same

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cant belive how some people would advise to get rid of there dog so easy for a promblem as little as this. dont listen to the crap mate just put the time in and im pretty sure you will be pleased wi

You can't expect a dog to do it's part if you ain't done yours !

i would get the dog fit and take it from there for a while, also look at your dogs weight i have noticed that large dogs even when fit only need to go a fraction over weight and it makes them lazy, where as smaller dogs seem to still run o.k even if they are a fraction over weight.

hi all i got a collie grey last year he was 9 months when i got him and had not seen a thing.i started lamping with him and he was coming on ok he has had 10 rabbits on the lamp 2 in the day. for the last 4 mounths i have no been out with him so i got out last night got 6 or 7 good slips and he did not even get closs to getting one and on one of the runs just came back half way down the beem i have been taking him for a run on the park but he is not that fit is this why he is running sh*t he is naw 20 month

I must be missing something, a 20 month old collie lurcher dog pulls up and comes back whilst chasing a rabbit,various health/lack of running quarry reasons.......its ok ,its fine,dont give in with it keep trying......A saluki lurcher pulls up running an hare,at any age,no matter if its its sixth hard run.......its a jacker and has to go...?? whats the difference........daylight

hi all i got a collie grey last year he was 9 months when i got him and had not seen a thing.i started lamping with him and he was coming on ok he has had 10 rabbits on the lamp 2 in the day. for the last 4 mounths i have no been out with him so i got out last night got 6 or 7 good slips and he did not even get closs to getting one and on one of the runs just came back half way down the beem i have been taking him for a run on the park but he is not that fit is this why he is running sh*t he is naw 20 month

I must be missing something, a 20 month old collie lurcher dog pulls up and comes back whilst chasing a rabbit,various health/lack of running quarry reasons.......its ok ,its fine,dont give in with it keep trying......A saluki lurcher pulls up running an hare,at any age,no matter if its its sixth hard run.......its a jacker and has to go...?? whats the difference........daylight

when a collie x jacks its because it means they must be clever :whistling::whistling:

not clever enough to predict the prey might make a mistake though ;)

Edited by tod

Don't be so f*****g stupid. The dug has had ten rabbits and is unfit and has a clueless owner. Its a total novice that has had a terrible start and hasn't even had the opportunity to show its capabilities.

Those suggesting he should get rid are brain dead.

Give it the chanxe to succede or fail first.

FTB

when a collie x jacks its because it means they must be clever :whistling::whistling:

not clever enough to predict the prey might make a mistake though ;)

plenty of clever dogs around,not many clever fen dogs..

i was told today that it might be because the dog has been on bigger thing i have a salukie bull grey and the colliex has be sliped with that from 10 mounth on reds i was told that he might just like them more he has never been biten back so this is not the prob

A dog can pull up on cramp! especially after 4 or 5 hard runs on the fens! A good owner wouldnt get shut of it, if it was a good fen dog. Imagine geoff ogden or tony howley or jimmy ford getting you a pup, they dont see you for 2 yrs, then they asked you how the dog they got you, out of the lines of, say, roxy, or drax, or blondey, dancer etc. Oh mate i got shut of it because it jacked on a hare after its 5 run!!!

A dog can pull up on cramp! especially after 4 or 5 hard runs on the fens! A good owner wouldnt get shut of it, if it was a good fen dog. Imagine geoff ogden or tony howley or jimmy ford getting you a pup, they dont see you for 2 yrs, then they asked you how the dog they got you, out of the lines of, say, roxy, or drax, or blondey, dancer etc. Oh mate i got shut of it because it jacked on a hare after its 5 run!!!

you completly missed my point,,yes a coursing dog can pull up,,not fit,injury ect,what i said was in the eyes of some people on this site if a coursing dog pulls up its a jacker no matter what reason..and as for getting me a pup one of the names mentioned has had one of me.

you completly missed my point,,yes a coursing dog can pull up,,not fit,injury ect,what i said was in the eyes of some people on this site if a coursing dog pulls up its a jacker no matter what reason..and as for getting me a pup one of the names mentioned has had one of me.

Right, yea sorry miss read it... Have they which one? See geoff reguarly, and good mates with his son... Father in law works with Jimmy, and i used to go on piss with tony, dont see him as much as the others these days, which dog was it pal?