Battery's,which one

I know ive posted in the wrong place but i would be greatful if you could leave here for as long as you can so as many people as poss can see.Thank's.

A lot of people have been asking about batterys.What size/type to use.So ive put this together to hopefully help you out.

First,the make & model of lamp does not make a difference.But what you do need to know is what size bulb is fitted to your lamp ie 50watt,25watt ect.When you know this,the next thing is the battery voltage 6v/12v.

So,say you have a 50watt bulb & a 12v battery.Which is about the most common set up.

Divide the 50watts by the 12v.Which will give you 4.this is 4amps,which is the load the bulb will put on the battery when in use.

Batterys are rated in amp hour's (ah).So to decide which ah battery to go for.Divide the ah of the battery by the amps of the bulb.So we know a 50watt bulb & 12v battery gives us 4amps.so say you decide on a 10 ah battery.Divide the 10ah by the 4amps of the bulb.This will give you 2.5.This is 2.5 hours continuous run time.You can turn your lamp on (& leave on) for 2.5 hours.As your lamp will not be on continuously,but on/off you will get far more than 2.5 hours use.At least 2 or 3 times that i would think.

BATTERYS

Three types of batterys are mainly used.

Lead acid is the most common & cheapest.But the bigger the ah,the bigger & heavier the battery.They also go flat quite quickly if not used & genrally take about 8 hours to recharge from flat.

Also wth lead acid batterys your lamp will gradually get dimmer as the battery drains.

LITHIUM ION/POLIMER

Lithium batterys are much smaller & liter but are much more expensive.They stay charged up for longer when not in use & can be recharged in about half the time.

Lithium batterys also discharge differently to lead acid & have voltage protection & voltage regulation built in to the battery.Which means your lamp will not dimm during use but will reach a cut off point & stop working.

Lithium ion & polimer are basically the same thing,just the way the battery is constructed is different.

Only use chargers designed for lithium batterys.At best nothing will happen.At worst you will wreck the battery or blow it up.

I hope this is of some use to everyone.

Thank's.Kev. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Guest fence_hopper

Ah thanks just bought a 22ah lithium battery for the other half hopefully will be ok for him

think this should be pinned very helpfull information kev.

how much the 22 ah cost can someone tell me thanks :thumbs: