lamp batteries

I've been looking at batteries on ebay and there is a 12v 22ah for £25. Just wondering if this size is used by anyone else or do I not need a 1 so big? Also the weight is 6.5kg, is this gonna be too heavy to carry for a few hours?

sorry to but in lads but what battery would i be looking for say 2,3 hours lampin with a u caller night eye lamp

cheers :thumbs:

Hello mate.If you know the size of bulb fitted.Say its a 50watt.Divide 50 watt by the batt voltage.Say 12v.That will tell you what amps the bulb runs at.So 50 divided by 12 will give you 4amps.Then divide the amp hour of your batt by the amps of the bulb.10ah batt divided by 4 amp bulb will give a continuous run time of 2.5 hours.Keep in mind that the lite will dim as batt drains.The ah rating only affects the amount of time you can run your lamp.The bigger the ah rating the longer the run time. :thumbs:

it all depents on what lamp you got if you blitz or striker its best to have 12v 17ah or 22ah for a stronger and longer lamp

Yes it's a striker, was using 2 12v 7ah batteries but was advised to buy 1 bigger 1 then the kid next door recently got a young lurcher and a bare lamp(clulite) so I gave him my batteries. Now just can't decide what to buy.

it all depents on what lamp you got if you blitz or striker its best to have 12v 17ah or 22ah for a stronger and longer lamp

Yes it's a striker, was using 2 12v 7ah batteries but was advised to buy 1 bigger 1 then the kid next door recently got a young lurcher and a bare lamp(clulite) so I gave him my batteries. Now just can't decide what to buy.

Hi mate.It makes no difference what make of lamp you have.It all depends on the size of bulb(wattage) fitted to the lamp.

Ive never had my lithium ion run flat on a nights shooting ,it seems to be on quite allot cause if you dont see something you cant shoot it and I cover some ground on a night out and it's only a 10ah,Ive got a lightforce lance variable lamp (50watt bulb)