Quarry

CrowHawker

Hi everyone What is everyones intended quarry for the coming season and with what? Im going for Pheasant and hare with the harris,Crows again with the gyr/saker and magpies with the kes with a bit of luck. Be intresting to hear everyones inteded targets.

Atb Matt

Edited by CrowHawker

Hi everyone What is everyones intended quarry for the coming season and with what? Im going for Pheasant and hare with the harris,Crows again with the gyr/saker and magpies with the kes with a bit of luck. Be intresting to hear everyones inteded targets.

Atb Matt

Crows and Gulls for me,ill be interested to see if you can catch a Magpie with a Kestrel! ive caught a few various with an imprint Kes but ive never heard of anyone catching anything bigger than a grey partridge with one and that was flown in a cast with a lannerette.Good luck matey ,keep us updated.

Atb Matt

Crows and Gulls for me,ill be interested to see if you can catch a Magpie with a Kestrel! ive caught a few various with an imprint Kes but ive never heard of anyone catching anything bigger than a grey partridge with one and that was flown in a cast with a lannerette.Good luck matey ,keep us updated.

Cheers mate will do. ive heard of a few taking magies but only a few but i will try my best.is that with your new bird looks a great bird. bring on the season and good luck.

Atb Matt

Atb Matt

Cheers mate will do. ive heard of a few taking magies but only a few but i will try my best.is that with your new bird looks a great bird. bring on the season and good luck.

Atb Matt

Yeah,its with our PerexGyr/Saker,slow going with this one :thumbdown:

Atb Matt

Atb Matt

Yeah,its with our PerexGyr/Saker,slow going with this one :thumbdown:

Looks a big bird mate how is her temprement like mate more pere or gyr saker ?

Edited by CrowHawker
  • 1 month later...

Ill be flying my other halfs gos when he lets me on anything legal that moves, :whistling: ,i have been out with him quite a bit and it causes arguments because he is only in the house on a sunday,so his bird is really fit but still struggles with a straight lined pheasant till they slow down to hit cover, i have seen his bird mug pheasant and also catch young poults and also catch pheasant that have been reared in pens and really tame,but he does not count these as kills as they are far too easy and un testing quarry for his goshawk,but on the other hand when he flew his harris these mugging and easy kills are classed and marked down in his book because a harris that catches pheasant is pure luck and all of the above which is easy for a gos is really hard work for his harris,he is thinking of giving a perigrine a go next season on crows and i cannot wait, good hunting all and i hope your bird,s are fit and well after the clover honey moult,if you used it.

• 3 weeks later...