Alsatian lurchers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i saw several early nineties an ole freind s barton from wales had some nice dogs ,competed against him in feild trails fourteen odd years ago, nice dogs very good gaurd dogs his wee his house was safe with afew of them lurking about good hunters ,a bit heavy for me but still good dogs ,was at the amman valley fiasco got chucked out by b plummer etc ,he was truying to promote the black country sting , all the best ,better than average lurchers and ideal for heavy qaurry , makes time go fast thinking of big rooneya genuine half cross

ive got them on video hunting but would need to rake to find them but i watched it recently at a freinds

Guest oldskool
I'm new to the site and new to lurchers in general. just got an alsation greyhound first cross. does anyone have an experience of alsatian lurchers? be interested in any photos of adult dogs.

a picture of yours would be cool mate :thumbs-up:

I'm new to the site and new to lurchers in general. just got an alsation greyhound first cross. does anyone have an experience of alsatian lurchers? be interested in any photos of adult dogs.

a picture of yours would be cool mate :thumbs-up:

will try to get some pictures. hes four and a half months at the moment the sire was athletic type of alsatian working in prison over an ex track greyhound. still interested in any pics of adult crosses and what people used them on pre ban. looks like he'll be capable of large stuff when old enough.

Whin, I've heard of Steve Barton, Dave Skleight did an article in EDRD years ago. What happened at the Amman valley show? It's a cross i'm interested in. These are two of my dogs bred from European Schutzhund lines. Do a little work with them.....

nice dogs i saw some like that in germany was over working in east germany for 9 weeks in 97 saw some nice dogs , ye steve is a good guy stayed with him and saw his dogs work ,as for the fiasco at the forum thatwas aright laugh me and amate got chucked out for asking plummer about hunting qeustions etc he was more intrested in , pigs jumping over hurdles ye im going down to see dave this week , had some laugh i one the obeidence with abeardie cross that day and steve was second with rooney ,very good dog all the same ,got a book full of true stories but well it have to wiat ,till im finished with the game all the best

nice dogs S IVE JUST BOUGHTA BIG BIT OF LAND WITH A HOUSE MAYBE A HANDY DOG TO HAVE ABOUT

nice dogs i saw some like that in germany was over working in east germany for 9 weeks in 97 saw some nice dogs , ye steve is a good guy stayed with him and saw his dogs work ,as for the fiasco at the forum thatwas aright laugh me and amate got chucked out for asking plummer about hunting qeustions etc he was more intrested in , pigs jumping over hurdles ye im going down to see dave this week , had some laugh i one the obeidence with abeardie cross that day and steve was second with rooney ,very good dog all the same ,got a book full of true stories but well it have to wiat ,till im finished with the game all the best

nice dogs S IVE JUST BOUGHTA BIG BIT OF LAND WITH A HOUSE MAYBE A HANDY DOG TO HAVE ABOUT

Whin, does Steve still keep GSD bred lurchers? Which did he prefer, the 1/2 cross or 3/4 bred? What were they like on bigger stuff?

cheers

Simon

never done much with GSD's......are they as intelligent as say....border collies, as they are shepard dogs aren't they??

would of thought they'd make great dogs! have been interested in them as well....i liked the sound of someones belgium malinois x but think a first x would be slow....what do they compare to??

never done much with GSD's......are they as intelligent as say....border collies, as they are shepard dogs aren't they??

would of thought they'd make great dogs! have been interested in them as well....i liked the sound of someones belgium malinois x but think a first x would be slow....what do they compare to??

some of these malinios look good dogs to breed with lurchers espec the ones the police hve on tv programes