Whats the best combo???

I prefer three mate a snipped hob £60 at the vet and two jills that way you have enough for working all but the largest burrows and when there in season hopefully you can leave them together as the hob has two jills he wont mark them up as he might with just one

I prefered a brace of white Jills,

No real reason just what iv always done and worked for me,

But what do you do when there in season ?? as unfortunately this question has to be answered every year think Monkeyjax was asking that question .

When they used to come in id take them to a sniped hob 95% of the time,

Sites like Rabbiters have a pinned section of people with snipped hobs up and down the country, Dont think iv had to drive futher than 30 mile...

Maybe an idear for next year on here a pinned section for the snipped Hobs for people to use instead of unwanted litters

I prefer three mate a snipped hob £60 at the vet and two jills that way you have enough for working all but the largest burrows and when there in season hopefully you can leave them together as the hob has two jills he wont mark them up as he might with just one

Cheers One forgive me for being abit dim but "marking up"???

When there in season they mate with the hob grabbing the jill by the back of the neck and holding her to have his wicked way with her .and if hes at it all the time he can mark her neck up quite badly sometimes or even cut her . with two jills youve cut that chance down .Sometimes you can leave a hob in with jills all year round and other times when there in season you got to remove the jill after 24 hours due to the damage the hob does to the jill

I have 4 jills and one snipped hob, when the snipped part works, and I find this to be a good little business, it means I can take either one jill for a quick walk with the dog, or up to four jills for an all out asault on a big warren, also have the hob to do a few little warrens in the Summer if I want to :thumbs:

the combinations will all differ, as what works for one person, may not for another, only the ferret keeper will know his/her ferts

I have four castrated hobs (hobletts) living in a court with three intact jills, and yes, strange as it seems, but the hobletts gets the jills out of season

I also have three intact hobs that live together all year round, they are around 3 yrs old, one is intact, the other two are snipped

I have two intact jills that live together (extremly small ferts) and they get serviced by the snipped hob

and lastly, "TED" my best working hob, lives on his own in summer, but come winter, all get put in the court

all this works fine for me, but thats not to say, it would work for someone else

When they used to come in id take them to a sniped hob 95% of the time,

Sites like Rabbiters have a pinned section of people with snipped hobs up and down the country, Dont think iv had to drive futher than 30 mile...

Maybe an idear for next year on here a pinned section for the snipped Hobs for people to use instead of unwanted litters

If you pushed to find a v hob im the next county with one.

There is no best - it;s just what works for you and what you like. At the end of the day its also down to what ferrets work well at their job. Ideally i like to keep 4 jills, one intact hob and one vac hob, with the two hobs being brothers.

atb

Jai.