SEEN 24 BOAR YESTERDAY !!! devon area

My good mate was out walking his terriers when they took off after a group of wild boar, when he eventually found them they had a big male pinned in the corner of a deer fence, it was held at bay grunting and charging and he said it flicked a couple into the air spinning for about 8 yards! he couldnt do nothing, apart from run back to his jeep, drive home, get his gun, drive back, run back through the woods! He was very supprised to find them in the same spot, though he was only 20 mins or something, he shot the boar, and the dogs were ok, a few small tears to stitch up, but not as bad as he thought it was going to be. Ive seen pics of the boar, and it was a good'un just shy of 200KG, held at bay by 4 yapping terriers :gunsmilie:

Since then, he has had many of these encounters, but he uses spaniel/beagle/terrier crosses that wil flush them or hold at bay.

@ JUDGE : Of course a collie type can be used to bay up a wild boar, they will bark and harass the boar, and keep it pinned, they are not the sort of dog to take a hold and get smashed, if the boar charges, they would get out the way, but be straight back to nip its ankles if it tries to do one!

Nice post Halty Lad. Hey Judge; You have put up over 800 posts in four months. What sort of know it all c**t are you? Perhaps you should stop posting and do some reading. I am bored of seeing your name. Try going to the pub and boring them instead. Silly boy. Kyle

:laugh:

sad c**t arguing on internet. bet your wifes happy. :thumbs:

I she is and so is your by the way I just got back :feck::toast:

Edited by Chriseden

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k the law lets hunt the b*****ds.

Its not breaking the law if you use your brain and use the right type of dog ie that will find the boar and stand and bail . no holding , or chewing . walk in and a clean shot to the head , all with i

Nice post Halty Lad. Hey Judge; You have put up over 800 posts in four months. What sort of know it all c**t are you? Perhaps you should stop posting and do some reading. I am bored of seeing your nam

Posted Images

yeah she is thanks, sorry couldn't bring myself to tackle your lass she was way below my standard. i can only think that when you hunted your last pig instead of killing it you married it. :thumbs:

Happens to the best of us :yes:

Gets lonely around here

yeah she is thanks, sorry couldn't bring myself to tackle your lass she was way below my standard. i can only think that when you hunted your last pig instead of killing it you married it. :thumbs:

Happens to the best of us :yes:

Gets lonely around here

not to me ;)

:rofl::rofl: