yeah ,ive shot hares ,over a period of 40 odd years , ive shot them .with rifle ,shotgun ,ive snared then ,neted them cought them with dogs , ,different times now , definatly would prefer to use a dog ..

but like poacher said ... the law sais i cant ! now that would be illigal wouldnt it ;)

exacly what im trying to tell people mate if this topic was based on coursing hares it would most likely be deleted by now.

nothing wrong with wanting to see some shot hares seen to many topics on coursing them to be fair lol.

like i say its a change & im just curious

tom.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SHOOTING HARES :thumbdown:SHOULD   BE LEFT WELL ALONE FOR THE DAY TIME

look son go away and change your nappies   most lads will agree with me on that, wit a name like   coursing mad thought you would no better

Where I am Hares are a big pest problem. My farmers are telling me they are doing a lot of damage (and they are, I've watched and checked) so yes, I shoot them.

I don't understand these dog boys, who are quite happy for rabbits to be shot, but not Hares? Where's the sense in that?

If it were legal, and a good method of control, I would happily run my dog at the hares, but it's illegal and they are causing damage, so their numbers have to be reduced. They are also good eating, and I find an air rifle pellet to the skull does less meat damage than a dog!