Lets have a look at the deerhound x's

YES DAN ,

WHEN YOU PUT PRESSURE ON A DOG ESPECIALLY IN .......... SINGLE HANDED WORK.......... YOU CAN AND WILL FIND FLAWS IN THEIR CHARACTER

RUNNING IN PAIRS ETC REALLY ISNT THE SAME ............AS ANY MAN SHOULD KNOW

BUT WHAT IAM TAKING ABOUT IS THE GENERAL AMOUNT OF WORK IT TAKES TO GET A DOG INTO A WORKING RYTHM

THE TYPE OF RYTHM THAT HONES THE CATCHING ABILITY OF THE DOG

IT WAS NO COINCIDENSE THAT THE DOGS I MENTIONED ABOVE WERE OWN BY DEDICATED MEN WHO RISKED RUNNING AREAS THAT HELD LARGE AMOUNTS OF RABBITS ON A REGULAR BASIS ,........

RUNNING HALF A DOZEN CONIES ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK IS NEVER GOING TO MAKE A GOOD DOG .......

DUCKWING

• Like 2

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt anyone seriously gets a 29" dog in just for rabbits, but you gotta admit, those ole' pencil neck Deer X's look good ! LOL !     Cheers.

Sorry Dan, but I'd agree with gafer on this one. Just because a dog is big doesn't mean it isn't good at picking up rabbits or an equal match to a smaller dog. It depends on the dog itself. I have a

Posted Images

nearly 2 , 28.1/2 inch ,der/grey saluki/grey

still looks big next to my boy of 6ft 2,

. I agree Wilf,what a cracking looking animal!! An absolute beauty!! ATB Andy

Thanks boys for the comments ,he is put together right and got it in all the right places,still young and head strong but very bidable with it ,cheers ,steve

size doe's not matter on rabbits if the dog wants the rabbit bad enuff it will find a way to get down to it

Lets start over so you dont get your panties in a bunch fella. This statement right here is bullshit. If I had a whippet and said that I was taken 200 pound bucks with it and made some bullshit statement that size does not matter as long as the dog has try. You or somebody else on here would surely call me out cuz it would be bullshit just as your statement was.

big difference between 1 1/2lb rabbit and a 200 lb buck best keep the bullshit to yourself

size doe's not matter on rabbits if the dog wants the rabbit bad enuff it will find a way to get down to it

Lets start over so you dont get your panties in a bunch fella. This statement right here is bullshit. If I had a whippet and said that I was taken 200 pound bucks with it and made some bullshit statement that size does not matter as long as the dog has try. You or somebody else on here would surely call me out cuz it would be bullshit just as your statement was.

big difference between 1 1/2lb rabbit and a 200 lb buck best keep the bullshit to yourself

No shit genius? Big difference between a 100 pound deerhound and a 35 pound whippet too.