Brit worth supporting

I know most of yous blokes don't follow cycling but this guy deserves our cheers. Bradley Wiggins blew all the continental cyclists away on the track in the Beijing Olympics. Then in the Tour last year he picked up more results than any Brit ever. He was 4th overall, equal to the best result by any Brit, and took more stage wins than every other Brit put together. That was just a trial run. He is now with an all British team, all British riders. Contador, current champ, and Lance Armstrong, 7 times winner, both rate him for a podium place.

He's like a bull x grey on a bike. Fast as f**k on the straight,a monster in the mountains and wipes 'em out in the time trials.

Let's hear it for Brad!

Ric

Kavanagh is worth watching in the sprints, too.

Footballers claiming to be 'tired' after an hour and a half trotting around, once or twice a week?

Try 6 hours in the saddle every day for 3 weeks and only a couple of rest days. :notworthy:

Kavanagh is worth watching in the sprints, too.

Footballers claiming to be 'tired' after an hour and a half trotting around, once or twice a week?

Try 6 hours in the saddle every day for 3 weeks and only a couple of rest days. :notworthy:

I think you mean Mark Cavendish droid :thumbs: He'll win a few sprints no doubt

I know most of yous blokes don't follow cycling but this guy deserves our cheers. Bradley Wiggins blew all the continental cyclists away on the track in the Beijing Olympics. Then in the Tour last year he picked up more results than any Brit ever. He was 4th overall, equal to the best result by any Brit, and took more stage wins than every other Brit put together. That was just a trial run. He is now with an all British team, all British riders. Contador, current champ, and Lance Armstrong, 7 times winner, both rate him for a podium place.

He's like a bull x grey on a bike. Fast as f**k on the straight,a monster in the mountains and wipes 'em out in the time trials.

Let's hear it for Brad!

Ric

And his main support rider Geraint Thomas(A Welshman :boogie: )should do ok :thumbs: Sorry couldn't resist the boogie bit

Let's hear it for Brad!

Ric

will be following it closely pal,used to do a bit as a youngster :thumbs:

Thing is, they are all Brits. Wiggins has a great support team and this year he's going for the yellow jersey. I'm not a betting man but I have a tenner on Brad for a podium. He's only 26 FFS and bikers don't peak til their 30s!

Johnnyboy - the Tour de France is the most gruelling sports event of all. I used to be good at time trials but those mountains? Momma I want to go home.

Ric

Thing is, they are all Brits. Wiggins has a great support team and this year he's going for the yellow jersey. I'm not a betting man but I have a tenner on Brad for a podium. He's only 26 FFS and bikers don't peak til their 30s!

Johnnyboy - the Tour de France is the most gruelling sports event of all. I used to be good at time trials but those mountains? Momma I want to go home.

Ric

Totally agree with you Rik.....we all like to be patriotic but sometimes it gets pathetic :thumbs: Britain should take a few stage wins and Wiggins has a realistic chance of winning the Tour,i expect to see him in yellow quite a bit :thumbs:

BEEN OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS TO WATCH A FEW STAGES BUT MY MUM AND DAD ARE LEAVING ON FRIDAY TO FOLLOW THE WHOLE TOUR IN OUR MOTORHOME.WISH IT WAS ME GOING BUT THERE YOU COME ON BRAD FOR OVERALL AND CAV FOR THE SPRINTS. :toast:

That will be where it gets interesting. The team are there to protect Brad from sneak sprints. They hold up the peloton and let Brad cut loose. Sounds dodgy but it's standard tactics.

It really is going to be worth following the race. Err, I could have phrased that better . . . you know what I mean!

Ric