INTERESTING FIND TODAY

i was walking the dogs today up a footpath between two quarrys which are totally fenced off the footpath is about 4ft wide, anyway i popped round my mates on the way, left his house got 200yrds froms house if that and i found the remains of a fallow doe, theres only deer in one little place round here about 5 miles away that i know of anyway someone has obviously poached it firstly theres no way the deer could have got in there and secondly because the idiouts must have butchered it in the alley as over one of the fences were its guts and the other side its head still atached to its front legs they had taken the back legs and back it was very fresh it cant have been there long as the badgers and foxes would have started on it i ithink and the meat was still red anybody else found anything like this?? my mate wanted to thake the chest for the ferts but we couldnt get it not such a good idea i dont think anyway

what do you lot think? :unsure:

sorry for crap pictures but they were taken on my phone

Image021.jpg

and the guts over the other dide of the fence

Image022.jpg

Edited by ferreterno1

sounds like someone has poached it, and took what they wanted off it.

A dead give away if it has been taken by dogs would be markings around the neck, was there any?

couldnt really get close enough too see, i dont know any one else round here thats got dogs that could tackle a deer but who knows im going to have another look in the week to see what i can figure out

would never feed venison to my dogs that i didnt know how it was killed, when vets are called out to a deer that has been bumped the injection they use ( to compensate the shock i think) aint to good for you or your animals to consume.. only learnt this a few weeks ago at a basc game handleing course,,, so be warned all

couldnt really get close enough too see, i dont know any one else round here thats got dogs that could tackle a deer but who knows im going to have another look in the week to see what i can figure out

doesn't have to be anyone local, people will travel miles upon miles for a good kill ;)