Climbing Ben Nevis

Model T Ford on Ben Nevis :icon_eek:

'Alpine pace' is the way to go. Walk quite slow with smallish paces and just keep on going. It's faster than walking too quickly and stop / starting all the time. Plenty of water, some food, and as said before, enough clothes in case the weather goes bad. Hope it's clear, not cloudy when you get to the top. Good luck -- it's a top sense of acheivement to reach the summit

That's good advice.

Lab-tastic, what's you experience of hill walking?

Model T Ford on Ben Nevis :icon_eek:

'Alpine pace' is the way to go. Walk quite slow with smallish paces and just keep on going. It's faster than walking too quickly and stop / starting all the time. Plenty of water, some food, and as said before, enough clothes in case the weather goes bad. Hope it's clear, not cloudy when you get to the top. Good luck -- it's a top sense of acheivement to reach the summit

That's good advice.

Lab-tastic, what's you experience of hill walking?

Zero i'm afraid mate. Doing this for my mate that died in April to raise some money for his girl as she has a baby on the way.

He done it a while back and it was 1 of his great achievements so thats why we have decided to do it.

I'm under no illusions what a slog it will be and thought this would be the place for some tips. And as usual the good folk on here have came up trumps.

Cheers :thumbs:

Done it with wife an kids about 6 year back...its a fair old slog but well worth it...we went in may weather was kind to us but there was still about 2 foot of snow on summit...pack as much water as you can...the Nevis inn/bunk house at foot of mountain is good for a pint and grub...will go back an do it again one day.

Done it with wife an kids about 6 year back...its a fair old slog but well worth it...we went in may weather was kind to us but there was still about 2 foot of snow on summit...pack as much water as you can...the Nevis inn/bunk house at foot of mountain is good for a pint and grub...will go back an do it again one day.

Dont you worry mate there will be many a pint drank when we finally get back to the bottom. :thumbs:

If i were you i would try and get a real early start[if your staying up there the night before] 5am or something like that,take a few layers of clothes , midge spray ,light waterproofs and you will be ok,, Head in to the town the night after and you'll have a great time :drink::boogie: and if you wake up on your own it will be a miracle. used to be out there every weekend fecking great place,let us know how you get on...