Whippets

Hi there,im thinking of maybe getting a whippet soon n i want to know everything about them?

hello mate the best thing i could tell u to do is contact paul corky from lynperry whippets and get a pup from him u wont one out of his stud dog totty which in my view is on of the best working whippets in the country mate hes top class!!! all the best :thumbs:

Loads of very good breeders around but avoid the puppy farmers and ones who just talk money, there are a few.

Show bred stuff will work, but I would look for evidence that the parents have worked. Although there are no guarantees, it'll cut down the chances of getting a lemon. Overall though, I would say they pretty much all have high prey drive and will want to chase.

Don't listen too much to the 'Sooty Sam lines' claims, he's well gone and his genes are well diluted by now.

They are great little dogs and if reared correctly and entered properly, they'll payback your patience 10 fold.

pros...

easy to get fit

fit in with other dogs well

fast, game.

A lot of dog that will give its best when behind

cons

not built to take on bigger stuff(most will try)

heard they have poor feet(fingers crossed mines ok)

As an out and out rabbiting dog there as good as any small lurcher.