KC REGISTERD WHIPPETS AS WORKERS?

Guest Frank

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL LADS ,

IMO,........... I PREFER THE RACING WHIPPET TO THE KC ,

I FIND THEM , TOUGHER / BETTER DRIVE AND SEEM TO PRODUCE THE BEST HUNTERS .....

THE THING IS THE RACING LINES ARE PERFORMANCE BRED ! , THE KC LINES ARENT TO NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME DEGREE

REMEMBER MOST LINES OF RACING STOCK HAS LARGE AMOUNTS OF GREYHOUND BLOOD , WITH SMALL DASHES OF BULL BLOOD AND IN CERTAIN AREAS THEY DID USE DASHES OF OLD TYPE BEDLINGTON BLOOD ......... SOUNDS LIKE A LURCHER TO ME :yes:

HOWEVER , IF I WAS CONTEMPLATING GETTING A SMALL WHIPPET SIZED LURCHER TYPE , I WOULD BE TEMPTED TO TRY A WHIPPET CROSS FELL / RUSSEL / PATTERDALE , PROBABLY IF I HAD THE CHOICE IT WOULD BE A PARKS AS IVE FOUND THE GOOD ONES TO HAVE A FANTASTIC NOSE , WHICH IS A VERY UNDERATED FEATURE IN A LURCHER :yes: , ...........

I KNOW ONE THING IT WOULD BE ONE HELL OF A LOT EASIER TO FIND A " REAL " HARD WORKING STUD DOG THAN IF GOING FOR THE USUAL BEDLINGTON

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)

THE KC LINES ARENT TO NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME DEGREE

I take it you dont know a lot about Pedigree Racing in the UK?, KC registered whippets in the UK are bred stecificly for racing non race breds (ie: show/working) can take part but they cant compeat on a level playing field with the purpose bred race whippets.

The non pedigree whippets are faster but thats due to the greyhound blood being put into them.

WELL MATE ,

IVE BEEN TO QUIET A FEW WHIPPET RACES...... YOU COULD SAY :rolleyes: ,............ MOSTLY NON KC ...... THOUGH I HAVE ALSO BEEN TO A GOOD FEW DAYS COURSING WITH THE KC BRIGADE , AS WELL AS GREYHOUND , SALUKI AND DEERHOUND

AS YOU SAID RACING WHIPPETS ARE FASTER ............. THOUGH HOW FAST A DOG HAS TO BE FOR A RABBIT IS DEBATEABLE :yes:

I HAVE VOICED MY OPINIONS YRS AGO ON HERE ABOUT KC BREEDS , SPECIFICALLY THE WHIPPET ............. BUT HERE GOES ,

IMO , ANY BREEDERS WHO KEEP A CLOSED GENE POOL , IS GOING TO FAIL TO IMPROVE THE WORKING ATTRIBUTES , .......... TOP CLASS " OPEN COMPETITION " IS TO ME THE ONLY WAY TO IMPROVE , THE WHIPPET IS A RACING / RABBITING COMPETITION DOG ORIGINALLY , THE ORIGINATORS WOULDNT HAVE BEEN BOTHERED IF A DASH OF POODLE WAS ADDED ........ AS LONG AS IT IMPROVED THE LINE ! ,

THATS WHY PERSONALLY I PREFER THE RACING WHIPPET , ,.......... BUT TO EACH HIS OWN !

DUCKWING ;)

ANY BREEDERS WHO KEEP A CLOSED GENE POOL , IS GOING TO FAIL TO IMPROVE THE WORKING ATTRIBUTES

bollocks.if blood is working to a high standard you line bred to try and lock in the trait.

Sorry for the interjection gents...but while we are on the subject can somebody explain to me what a "hard blood" whippet is?

Oneredtrim.

i,d say a line that takes fox mate.

Hard blood was a phrase coined by Phil Lloyd. Lurcher breeders wanting to sell pups use it now. It basically means the non-kc whippet that has recent greyhound blood in them.

I once asked at a non'kc meeting what hard blood was and they looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head!! :clapper: They didn't have a clue what I was asking........ :icon_redface:

Edited by Nipper
ANY BREEDERS WHO KEEP A CLOSED GENE POOL , IS GOING TO FAIL TO IMPROVE THE WORKING ATTRIBUTES

bollocks.if blood is working to a high standard you line bred to try and lock in the trait.

Sorry for the interjection gents...but while we are on the subject can somebody explain to me what a "hard blood" whippet is?

Oneredtrim.

i,d say a line that takes fox mate.

WELL BITCH ,

IVE KEPT SOME FAMILIES OF COMPETITION BRED ANIMALS AT THE TOP FOR 20 YRS ,

IVE LINE BRED , INBRED AND JUST PLAIN BRED , ..... SO DONT TRY AND LECTURE ON BREEDING :no: PLEASE BELIVE ME .........OPEN CLASS ............ COMPETITION IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD ;) , ITS SAD BUT TRUE THAT MONEY DRIVES MOST COMPETITION , AND WHERE THE BIG MONEY.... IS .....THE BEST..... ARE !!

CHALKIE , AS YOU SAID , .. RABBIT " CATCHERS " SUPREME ,

RIGHT ITS BLOWING A HOOLIE , IAM OFF LAMPING :D

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING

So are you saying the line bred? Sooty Sam whippets are no good then as they are bred to a very tight gene pool?.

IMO out crosses produce the best dogs and also increase the gene pool.

(Edited to ad ~ i've no sooty sam in my lines )

Edited by parkstone whippets