wheres the rabbits gone

was out yesterday doing the edge of a wood, was full of rabbits the other week, the dog could not find a mark at all, i remember killing a mixy rabbit last month on this land but i have not seen another since could mixy have wiped em out? your thoughts on this please

Edited by ginge

I thumped the bits i could get into with the rifle and i cant get into the biggest bits of my permission yet due to cover and i thought the rabbits where scares but theres a few out there you just cant see them or get to them for the high cover

Got a patch in Dorchester, thick with them last year but now hardley anything :cry: . Been up there quite frequently and there have been no signs of mixy. Its certainly not me thinning them out! Was planning on snaring round there as the roads make shooting too dangerous and now they all bloody gone! There's fecking badgers everywhere :censored: and i can't help thinking they've had something to do with it :hmm:

Anyone else got more badgers than rabbits on their patch or am i the unluckiest bloke here :cry:

A strange thing this Ginge, it happens her as well, overboard with them about a month back, all quiet now :hmm: .

We have a similar thing with the tree rats, I notice it more with these as we've a young plantation, mind you, my Mrs. says it's because I kill every one of them!.......Al ;)

Tis wierd but i think theres something more than mixy doin it, we don't have many predators round here, rabbiting is hard enough round here without rabbits dissapearing, will try another part of that bit over the next weeks, can't do anything this weekend cos i am going over two my nans.

I dont know one of the golf courses i go on you never see a rabbit yet take my springer over there and she's pushing them out of every bit of cover .I dont think they use the burrows as much these days prefering to live out on top .In the southern country's doesn't R.H.D. flatten them and it's worse than myxi ???

was out yesterday doing the edge of a wood, was full of rabbits the other week, the dog could not find a mark at all, i remember killing a mixy rabbit last month on this land but i have not seen another since could mixy have wiped em out? your thoughts on this please

you havent seen these two on your patch have you ginge

antipestobm8.jpg