Young six pointer

Tried a place that i rarely go these days as i have plenty to get around and tend to overlook the smaller farms.Glassing is very much from field to field here as its very flatand high hedges .Walked up the lane away from the buildings and spotted a young doe straight away ,Managed to stalk in to about 40yds before she clocked me but good practice anyway .She ran off to the right and through a hedge ,bumping another deer as she did so the other side .Onwards and spied another two does picking at a hedge ,trying for those bits just out of reach like they do .A nice six pointer joined them from out the hedge and i steadied on sticks for a posible shot .The gate was open to the next field and a group of cattle wandered through ,making me think about the safety of the shot had i took it .The cattle saw me straight away and made a b line ,scattering the deer back through the hedge.Well a lesson learned hopefully.Decided to head back and go to another farm nearby before it got dark but as i rounded a gateway i was faced with a young six about 70 yds down a hedgerow .He obliged me by letting me get the rifle on sticks and the shot saw him run off the hedge.I knew the shot was good so wandered to the site and saw the bright red flash across the grass from the exit wound.Followed the spots to a gap in the hedge and pushing through ,i could see the buck lead out dead .The gralloch revealed a perfect lung shot.

Picture019-5.jpg

Picture018-7.jpg

Picture022-3.jpg

Picture020-3.jpg

Picture023-3.jpg

Edited by foxdropper

good do again and great write up T. shot looks perfect mate, glad to see you aint following recently posted deer biology pics :tongue2::clapper: good to see them in summer pellage, ours up here are starting to moult now but still predominantly in winter coat. is that a scrap of velvet still clinging to that tine ?

atb

alan.

good do again and great write up T. shot looks perfect mate, glad to see you aint following recently posted deer biology pics :tongue2::clapper: good to see them in summer pellage, ours up here are starting to moult now but still predominantly in winter coat. is that a scrap of velvet still clinging to that tine ?

atb

alan.

Yes mate .Had he lived to see this wet spell i think that would of gone.

well done FD, great buck :thumbs:

i enjoy reading everyone's post's of deer they have stalked and shot.

yesterday my licence finally arrived for my 7mm08 after waiting 9 months for it. i cant wait for september to come now so i can go stalking on the ground i have got!